Apple to hold special event on Feb. 28 | iLounge News

Apple to hold special event on Feb. 28

imageApple has sent out an invitation to select media, including iLounge, to a special event that will be held at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, California on February 28th.

The invitation, which only features the iCal-like calendar image shown right, reads: “Come see some fun new products from Apple.” The special event begins at 9:00 a.m. at Apple Town Hall, Building 4.

iLounge has confirmed with Apple that this event will be taking place and is not a hoax like the email sent out last week purporting to be an Apple invitation to a special event on March 1st.

« Griffin ships TuneFlex for iPod nano

NBC offers ‘Conviction’ pilot for free on iTunes »

Comments

Excuse me if this has already been discussed, but it looks like around the time of this ‘special event’ iTunes will have sold 1 billion songs, so I’m guessing that has something to do with holding this event at that time.

Posted by bwegner on February 22, 2006 at 5:06 PM (PDT)

actually apple will probably have sold its billionth song in just a few hours, according the website counter

Posted by joe shmoe on February 22, 2006 at 6:59 PM (PDT)

The 28th is my birthday of course. My good old buddy Steve (Jobs) is just throwing my a 26th birthday party. Duh! wink

Posted by Rob on February 22, 2006 at 7:34 PM (PDT)

It’s PDA “Nexton X or sumthing like that” with FRONT ROW, MOBILE EDITION

It’ll be a pda with front row for your media

Posted by jon on February 22, 2006 at 8:37 PM (PDT)

I’m not thinking there will be a new ipod quite yet. They def won’t wait to long to give us somthing new to want, but i’m not expecting that. Its gonna be Mac related. Say goodbye to both iBooks and Powerbooks and say hello to MacBook and MacBook Pro… Possibly a Tablet type of laptop aswell. There may be a shuffle update or change but I think changes will be made mainly to Apple’s computers, and maybe just maybe more songs allowed on iTunes Phones. So there we go, that’s my prediction… and I think it’s a good one.

Posted by JeremytheIndian on February 23, 2006 at 7:14 AM (PDT)

iCal eh?  Hm… PDA phone?  I see that as an organizing tool, calendar, the recent *only* decent Moto phones.  I see a Smart Phone in Apple’s future.  And possibly a Shuffle update, they lowered those prices a LOT so I am not so sure.

Posted by Jegero on February 23, 2006 at 2:43 PM (PDT)

a levitating ipod…good idea huh?

Posted by chandler on February 24, 2006 at 8:46 PM (PDT)

I dont think a PDA makes sense.  Nobody even remembers the Newtons.

Posted by Steve on February 26, 2006 at 10:37 PM (PDT)

O! That they would reup the Newton line! I still use my eMate 300 regularly. I’ve had to keep an ancient PowerPC around just to connect and transfer data to and fro, but the eMate can’t be beat for durable design and simple functionality.

Posted by seespot on February 27, 2006 at 9:40 AM (PDT)

well, they might have updates to go with this event, but they did say fun NEW products, not small updates, or upgraded models. so ipod accessories seem to be the most logical thing.

Posted by yazan on February 27, 2006 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

It’s 3 things.

Posted by anony on February 27, 2006 at 8:14 PM (PDT)

THE IPOD BOOMBOX IS THE NEW PRODUCT.. No Upgrades to the Video Ipods..

Posted by Chris on February 28, 2006 at 9:47 AM (PDT)

It would most probably be FREE iPod video v1.2 software update to support DivX/Avi/Mpeg files. Woohoo!!!

Posted by iPodKia on February 28, 2006 at 9:59 AM (PDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages « First  <  2 3 4