Apple to release iQuiz game for iPods (updated, video) | iLounge News

Apple to release iQuiz game for iPods (updated, video)

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, April 19, 2007
News Categories: iPod

image

The next iPod game from Apple will apparently be a title called iQuiz. The game—which briefly appeared on the French iTunes Store earlier today—is an expanded version of the Music Quiz game included with iPods, which asks you questions about the music in your iTunes library. iQuiz appears to be based on the basic idea of the game, adding in album art, video trivia, and the ability to create “trivia packs” to share with friends. The game is currently not available from the iTunes Store in any country.

Update: French site iGeneration has posted a video of iQuiz, showing the game’s novel game show-style interface.

« AT&T: iPhone on target for late June release

DLO releases Jam Jacket with cord management »

Comments

Thats kinda cool….better then the first game? when will this be out? like later today? or next tuesday? and wont the battery life we horrible cause all the acess to hard drive spinning

Posted by Eric Lewis on April 18, 2007 at 9:17 AM (PDT)

this is probably the only game I’d buy for my ipod

Posted by blayn. on April 18, 2007 at 11:05 AM (PDT)

Not to be too negative, but it looks pretty mediocore aesthetically.

It’s a good idea and I would definitely consider buying it, but where’s the sexy that Apple tends to put into its products?

Posted by jeremyjk1221 on April 18, 2007 at 3:03 PM (PDT)

It’s only one screenshot so I’ll wait before judging it. It sounds interesting, but could end up just being flawed. I want to know how fast it’ll kill the battery. We all know it will, especially with “video trivia”.

Posted by ddsd on April 18, 2007 at 4:41 PM (PDT)

Were they drunk when they shot that video?

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on April 19, 2007 at 6:43 AM (PDT)

Wow.  That video is sooo bad! I still have a pounding headache and am having trouble focusing on my monitor… 15 minutes after trying to watch it.  Looks like the cameraman was having a seizure!

Seriously, can someone who actually managed to watch the whole thing just describe what the video shows to the rest of us?

Posted by atreyu on April 19, 2007 at 9:51 AM (PDT)

I read these comments before I looked at the video. I thought, “c’mon, it can’t be that bad” but apparently, It was filmed by a 3 year old with Parkinsons on cocaine. Seriously though, every game I’ve seen for the iPod has really cheesy graphics. It would be nice to see something with sophisticated design to match the hardware.

Posted by urbanslaughter on April 20, 2007 at 8:41 AM (PDT)

It’s available in the Norwegian store as of today, and the price is NOK 8,- (all other games is NOK 40,-)

Posted by jervi on April 24, 2007 at 2:11 AM (PDT)