Apple TV 2.0 guided tour now available
Apple has posted a guided video tour of Apple TV software version 2.0, which walks viewers through most of the major new features and interface changes of the software. Announced during Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ keynote address, and explained further in a feature article, version 2.0 of the Apple TV software — also called Apple TV Take 2 — will allow users to browse, purchase, and rent content from the iTunes Store, perhaps most notably enabling the rental of high-definition films directly from the set-top box. The software was originally expected to be released this week; however, it was declared “not quite finished” by Apple, and is now expected to be available in the next two weeks. The update will be a free software upgrade for current Apple TV owners.
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Disney pressuring Apple to include more of its channels in upcoming TV service
- HBO Now channel added to Apple TV (Updated)
- New Apple TV model won’t support 4K streaming
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?