Apple TV 2.0.1 software update appears [updated]
Without any accompanying description, Apple has released version 2.0.1 of the Apple TV software, available as a free download from the device’s General settings menu under Update Software. Launched in February, version 2.0 of Apple TV’s software—also known as Apple TV Take 2—added substantial functionality to the device, including a new menuing system, Internet-based photo browsing, and support for high-definition and standard-definition movie rentals, but has been subject to random lockups and crashes. It is unclear whether version 2.0.1 includes anything beyond bug fixes.
Update: In addition to a new Genres sorting sub-menu for the My Movies menu option, allowing you to more quickly navigate a long list of movies via categorization, a list of additional version 2.0.1 changes appears in the Comments section below.
- Cook: Apple TV earned $1B revenue in 2013
- Apple offers $25 gift with Apple TV, new hardware coming?
- TV4 Play added to Apple TV in Sweden
- WWE Network launches on Apple TV
- WSJ: Apple scaling back Apple TV plans
- New Apple TV to debut in April for holiday launch?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone