Apple TV poll ends, Apple Tablet name poll begins
With over 2,700 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Would a $30 monthly iTunes TV subscription service be enough to make you buy an Apple TV?”—has ended. Readers had positive options for indicating that they would consider purchasing an Apple TV if iTunes introduced a TV subscription service that included all or most of the shows that viewers enjoy watching, or if Apple changed the Apple TV hardware or pricing. Alternatively, readers could indicate that they would not be interested in purchasing an Apple TV even with these improvements, or that they already owned Apple TV hardware.
Interestingly, a 48% plurality of respondents indicated that a $30 iTunes TV subscription service would not be enough to convince them to purchase an Apple TV, while 22% of respondents indicated that they would purchase an Apple TV if the subscription service included all of the shows they enjoyed watching and only 8% would purchase it if they could only get most of their favorite shows. By comparison, 7% indicated that they would only consider purchasing an Apple TV if Apple increased the storage capacity or lowered the price, and 14% of respondents indicated that they already own an Apple TV unit. Thanks for all your votes!
In our new poll, we ask what you think Apple should name its upcoming tablet device, assuming that it’s going to be iPhone OS-based. Several names have been tossed around over the past few months, and we’re wondering which one you think is the best or most likely name for the upcoming device? iTablet, iBook, iPad, iPod touch XL, iSlate or something else entirely? Our new poll, “What should Apple name its upcoming tablet device?” lets you answer that question. If you have a preference that’s not amongst the listed choices, vote as such, and post it in the comments of this article. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Apple investigating after two Foxconn employees died last week
- Apple buys health data startup Gliimpse
- Report: Apple passes on Lyft acquisition
- Apple releases iOS 10 beta 7 to developers
- Report: iPhone 7 to gain optical image stabilization
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Standzout Helix Dock for Apple Watch
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app