Apple TV poll ends, Apple Tablet name poll begins
With over 2,700 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Would a $30 monthly iTunes TV subscription service be enough to make you buy an Apple TV?”—has ended. Readers had positive options for indicating that they would consider purchasing an Apple TV if iTunes introduced a TV subscription service that included all or most of the shows that viewers enjoy watching, or if Apple changed the Apple TV hardware or pricing. Alternatively, readers could indicate that they would not be interested in purchasing an Apple TV even with these improvements, or that they already owned Apple TV hardware.
Interestingly, a 48% plurality of respondents indicated that a $30 iTunes TV subscription service would not be enough to convince them to purchase an Apple TV, while 22% of respondents indicated that they would purchase an Apple TV if the subscription service included all of the shows they enjoyed watching and only 8% would purchase it if they could only get most of their favorite shows. By comparison, 7% indicated that they would only consider purchasing an Apple TV if Apple increased the storage capacity or lowered the price, and 14% of respondents indicated that they already own an Apple TV unit. Thanks for all your votes!
In our new poll, we ask what you think Apple should name its upcoming tablet device, assuming that it’s going to be iPhone OS-based. Several names have been tossed around over the past few months, and we’re wondering which one you think is the best or most likely name for the upcoming device? iTablet, iBook, iPad, iPod touch XL, iSlate or something else entirely? Our new poll, “What should Apple name its upcoming tablet device?” lets you answer that question. If you have a preference that’s not amongst the listed choices, vote as such, and post it in the comments of this article. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?