Apple TV poll ends, Holiday poll begins
Published: Tuesday, December 23, 2008
News Categories: Site News
With over 2,200 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “What should Apple do with the Apple TV?” has ended. Readers were given several choices, including release new hardware with free TV-to-iTunes recording functionality, officially allow apps to add more software features, release a game controller and support games, kill it in favor of a better iPod dock, or nothing - it’s great as-is.
The largest number of readers—39%—said Apple should officially allow apps on the device to add software features such as Hulu and Netflix streaming, followed by the release of new hardware with free TV-to-iTunes recording functionality with 31% of the vote. Perhaps unsurprisingly given the product’s lackluster history, 19% of voters said Apple should kill the Apple TV and replace it with a better iPod dock, while only 6% of readers said Apple should release a gaming controller and support games. An even smaller number of voters—5%—said the product was great as-is. Thanks to everyone who voted!
With Hanukkah already here and Christmas just around the corner, our new poll focuses on holiday gifts. We’d like to know which new iPod or iPhone you received over the holidays. Were you given an iPhone 3G, or an iPod touch, or perhaps a traditional iPod such as the iPod nano or iPod classic? Or maybe you received the diminutive iPod shuffle, or just accessories for your current player, or none at all? The latest iLounge poll, “Which new iPod or iPhone did you get for the holidays?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway update
- iPad Air poll ends, New iPad models poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge’s Retina iPad mini review details color issue, battery boost
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts