Apple TV poll ends, Holiday poll begins
With over 2,200 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “What should Apple do with the Apple TV?” has ended. Readers were given several choices, including release new hardware with free TV-to-iTunes recording functionality, officially allow apps to add more software features, release a game controller and support games, kill it in favor of a better iPod dock, or nothing - it’s great as-is.
The largest number of readers—39%—said Apple should officially allow apps on the device to add software features such as Hulu and Netflix streaming, followed by the release of new hardware with free TV-to-iTunes recording functionality with 31% of the vote. Perhaps unsurprisingly given the product’s lackluster history, 19% of voters said Apple should kill the Apple TV and replace it with a better iPod dock, while only 6% of readers said Apple should release a gaming controller and support games. An even smaller number of voters—5%—said the product was great as-is. Thanks to everyone who voted!
With Hanukkah already here and Christmas just around the corner, our new poll focuses on holiday gifts. We’d like to know which new iPod or iPhone you received over the holidays. Were you given an iPhone 3G, or an iPod touch, or perhaps a traditional iPod such as the iPod nano or iPod classic? Or maybe you received the diminutive iPod shuffle, or just accessories for your current player, or none at all? The latest iLounge poll, “Which new iPod or iPhone did you get for the holidays?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Showtime’s standalone Apple TV channel arrives with free trial
- Apple redesigning third-party accessory packaging for its stores
- Apple aims to bring back Home Sharing for music in iOS 9
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?