Apple TV poll ends, media playback poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Do you plan to purchase the third-gen Apple TV?”—has ended. Both positive and negative responses were provided for owners of first- and second-generation Apple TVs, as well as for those who don’t yet own an Apple TV.
Overall, 42 percent of readers said they plan on buying a third-generation Apple TV. 43 percent of those said that it will be their first Apple TV, while another 25 percent said they would be adding a third-generation unit alongside a first- or second-generation unit, 19 percent said they would be upgrading from a second-generation unit, and 12 percent said they were upgrading from a first-generation model. 27 percent of respondents said they own a second-generation Apple TV and plan to continue using it instead of upgrading, another 27 percent said they have no interest in the Apple TV—a surprise, given the device’s increasing utility for users of iOS devices—and 4 percent said they’re happy with their current first-gen units. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll returns to a topic we’ve covered several times in our poll, most recently in late 2010. We’d like to know what Apple device you’re currently using as your primary device for media playback. Are you using an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod touch, a more traditional iPod model, or an Apple TV? Our new poll—“What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?”—lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Apple releases first iOS 10.1, watchOS 3.1, tvOS 10.0.1 developer betas
- Report: Apple considering acquisition of high-performance car maker McLaren (Update: and Lit Motors)
- Google brings Allo messaging app to iOS
- Apple working on fix for Lightning EarPods glitch
- DisplayMate says iPhone 7 has the ‘best performing mobile LCD display’
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Nuvyyo Tablo Over-the-Air Television DVR
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps