Apple TV poll ends, media playback poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Do you plan to purchase the third-gen Apple TV?”—has ended. Both positive and negative responses were provided for owners of first- and second-generation Apple TVs, as well as for those who don’t yet own an Apple TV.
Overall, 42 percent of readers said they plan on buying a third-generation Apple TV. 43 percent of those said that it will be their first Apple TV, while another 25 percent said they would be adding a third-generation unit alongside a first- or second-generation unit, 19 percent said they would be upgrading from a second-generation unit, and 12 percent said they were upgrading from a first-generation model. 27 percent of respondents said they own a second-generation Apple TV and plan to continue using it instead of upgrading, another 27 percent said they have no interest in the Apple TV—a surprise, given the device’s increasing utility for users of iOS devices—and 4 percent said they’re happy with their current first-gen units. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll returns to a topic we’ve covered several times in our poll, most recently in late 2010. We’d like to know what Apple device you’re currently using as your primary device for media playback. Are you using an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod touch, a more traditional iPod model, or an Apple TV? Our new poll—“What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?”—lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- iLounge announces its Best of the Year Awards for 2014
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apps of the Week: The Longest Journey Remastered, Facebook Groups, Dropbox 3.5.2 + Runkeeper 5.1
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0