Apple TV poll ends, media playback poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Do you plan to purchase the third-gen Apple TV?”—has ended. Both positive and negative responses were provided for owners of first- and second-generation Apple TVs, as well as for those who don’t yet own an Apple TV.
Overall, 42 percent of readers said they plan on buying a third-generation Apple TV. 43 percent of those said that it will be their first Apple TV, while another 25 percent said they would be adding a third-generation unit alongside a first- or second-generation unit, 19 percent said they would be upgrading from a second-generation unit, and 12 percent said they were upgrading from a first-generation model. 27 percent of respondents said they own a second-generation Apple TV and plan to continue using it instead of upgrading, another 27 percent said they have no interest in the Apple TV—a surprise, given the device’s increasing utility for users of iOS devices—and 4 percent said they’re happy with their current first-gen units. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll returns to a topic we’ve covered several times in our poll, most recently in late 2010. We’d like to know what Apple device you’re currently using as your primary device for media playback. Are you using an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod touch, a more traditional iPod model, or an Apple TV? Our new poll—“What do you use today as your primary Apple device for media playback?”—lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Report: iPhone 7 will include Lightning adapter instead of Lightning EarPods
- Edward Snowden designing device to prevent iPhone wiretapping
- Report: Apple Car team running into challenges, launch may slip to 2021
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 5
- Apple under fire for providing refurbished replacements under AppleCare+
- Report: Apple acquires cloud music provider Omnifone? [Update: No]
- Apple releases second iOS 10 public beta
- India clears the way for Apple to open retail stores
- Apple Pay launches in Hong Kong
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Incase Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app