Apple TV poll ends, new Apple product poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy an Apple TV if it runs App Store apps?”—has ended. Readers could choose from three positive responses, one requiring 32GB or more of storage, one requiring a lower price point, and one requiring both, as well as a pair of negative responses for readers who either do or do not own an Apple TV.
More than four in ten—42%—of readers said they wouldn’t buy an Apple TV if it ran App Store apps even though they don’t already own one. This group was followed by a 19% share of readers who said they would buy one but only if it included 32GB or more of built-in storage for a lower price, 15% who said they would buy an app-running Apple TV but only if was cheaper, and 14% who would buy but only if it offered 32GB or more of built-in storage. Finally, 10% said they wouldn’t buy an app-enabled Apple TV, although they already own the first-generation model. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s just-announced products. We’d like to know which one you’re most interested in. Are you eyeing the fourth-generation iPod touch, or perhaps the sixth-generation iPod nano? Or are you interested in the fourth-generation iPod shuffle, or maybe the second-generation Apple TV? Or are you not interested in any of the new models? Our new poll, “Which just-announced Apple product are you most interested in?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Apple investigating after two Foxconn employees died last week
- Apple buys health data startup Gliimpse
- Report: Apple passes on Lyft acquisition
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Standzout Helix Dock for Apple Watch
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app