Apple TV poll ends, new Apple product poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy an Apple TV if it runs App Store apps?”—has ended. Readers could choose from three positive responses, one requiring 32GB or more of storage, one requiring a lower price point, and one requiring both, as well as a pair of negative responses for readers who either do or do not own an Apple TV.
More than four in ten—42%—of readers said they wouldn’t buy an Apple TV if it ran App Store apps even though they don’t already own one. This group was followed by a 19% share of readers who said they would buy one but only if it included 32GB or more of built-in storage for a lower price, 15% who said they would buy an app-running Apple TV but only if was cheaper, and 14% who would buy but only if it offered 32GB or more of built-in storage. Finally, 10% said they wouldn’t buy an app-enabled Apple TV, although they already own the first-generation model. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s just-announced products. We’d like to know which one you’re most interested in. Are you eyeing the fourth-generation iPod touch, or perhaps the sixth-generation iPod nano? Or are you interested in the fourth-generation iPod shuffle, or maybe the second-generation Apple TV? Or are you not interested in any of the new models? Our new poll, “Which just-announced Apple product are you most interested in?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- LAPD hacked into iPhone 5s for murder investigation
- More details emerge on Apple Music overhaul
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Kohl’s integrates rewards system with Apple Pay
- Apple hires ex-Nest exec to aid in health initiatives
- Apple loses exclusive ‘iPhone’ trademark in China
- Apple to reveal ‘sweeping changes’ to Apple Music interface at WWDC
- Apple releases fourth developer betas for iOS 9.3.2, tvOS 9.2.1
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)