Apple TV poll ends, new Apple product poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you buy an Apple TV if it runs App Store apps?”—has ended. Readers could choose from three positive responses, one requiring 32GB or more of storage, one requiring a lower price point, and one requiring both, as well as a pair of negative responses for readers who either do or do not own an Apple TV.
More than four in ten—42%—of readers said they wouldn’t buy an Apple TV if it ran App Store apps even though they don’t already own one. This group was followed by a 19% share of readers who said they would buy one but only if it included 32GB or more of built-in storage for a lower price, 15% who said they would buy an app-running Apple TV but only if was cheaper, and 14% who would buy but only if it offered 32GB or more of built-in storage. Finally, 10% said they wouldn’t buy an app-enabled Apple TV, although they already own the first-generation model. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s just-announced products. We’d like to know which one you’re most interested in. Are you eyeing the fourth-generation iPod touch, or perhaps the sixth-generation iPod nano? Or are you interested in the fourth-generation iPod shuffle, or maybe the second-generation Apple TV? Or are you not interested in any of the new models? Our new poll, “Which just-announced Apple product are you most interested in?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple accuses Spotify of ‘asking for preferential treatment’ in response letter
- WSJ: Apple ‘in talks’ to acquire Tidal
- Spotify claims Apple anti-competitively blocking Spotify app update
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren accuses Apple, others, of locking out competition
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Report details Apple Music’s vision for exclusive content
- Walgreens adds digital coupons to Apple Pay
- China orders Apple and others to monitor, report on app users
- South Korea regulators investigating Apple
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 26
- Nyne Rebel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip A/V
- ClamCase ClamCase+ for iPad Air 2
- Philips Hue White Ambience Starter Kit
- Naim Audio Mu-so Qb Speaker
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app