Apple updates iPod classic software to 1.1.2 [updated] | iLounge News

Apple updates iPod classic software to 1.1.2 [updated]

Apple has released iPod classic Software Version 1.1.2, the latest update to the full-size iPod’s firmware. According to the release notes provided by Apple, the release simply contains bug fixes, and does not appear to add any new features or cause any other significant changes. iPod classic Software Version 1.1.2 is available now through the Update feature in iTunes.

Update: Apple has also released Software Version 1.1.2 for the iPod nano (with video), which, like the iPod classic update, appears to be a bug fix release. It is also available now through the Update feature in iTunes.

« Apple opens iPhone Developer Program internationally

Apple taking loss on new release movie sales? »

Comments

fixed an issue on the iPod nano:
I have a big playlist (300 songs). When I wanted to copy the song, I was just listening to the playlist on the go, I clicked on menu and had to browse through the 300 songs to find the song, that was just playing…try to wheel yourself through 300 songs, it’s a pain.
Now: clicking once on menu, I move up to the playlist level and the song is already selected!

Posted by Dan on May 16, 2008 at 5:59 AM (PDT)

I just loaded the new Apple update onto my 80G iPod Classic and when it rebooted it said i need to get iTunes 7.6 which is what i was using.

Can someone explain to me how to fix it.

Posted by Brett on May 17, 2008 at 4:38 AM (PDT)

If your IPOD is already functioning and meeting your needs, it is a great rule of thumb to simply ignore all updates and watch the message boards rather than be the gunieu pig. I learned this the hard way w/ a Windows update (don’t everyone laugh) that completely screwed up some company software on my computer. I do not use any update until 4-6 months after that update has been out.  It simply isn’t worth it unless you are patching some major security risk or bug that is preventing your device from working. Otherwise, enjoy the music and videos and ignore the new stuff.

Posted by Brandon E on May 24, 2008 at 11:03 AM (PDT)

Update is for better performance, not for worse.

Posted by To Mr. Brandon E. on May 27, 2008 at 10:30 PM (PDT)

My 80g Classic with vers 1.1.1 won’t work correctly with my USA Spec interface to my Chev radio. I’m told I need to back-grade to pre 1.1. Anybody know how to do that? And where to get the software files?

Thanks Much!
B

Posted by Bill on June 9, 2008 at 7:07 PM (PDT)

i upgrated to 1.1.2 but my wondows dsn’t support itunes 7.6
so how do i come back to 1.1.1???

Posted by mipham on July 15, 2008 at 1:03 AM (PDT)

Don’t know about all these clickwheel problems etc, but I got a battery drain problem.  I just got my 160gb Classic last month and had no problems with battery life until last night.  Last night was the first night I let it charge all the way since I upgraded to 1.1.2 three days ago.  I turned it off and put the hold button and left it overnight only to find it at LESS than a quarter full of battery when I woke up and turned it back on.

Posted by godzillinois on July 17, 2008 at 1:27 PM (PDT)

Ever since the update to version 1.1.2 the disconnect button is gone.  Why?  Is there a simplier way then going to the system tray to disconnect it? This is a step backwards!  I hate it!  Any suggestions or comments?

Posted by Brian on September 14, 2008 at 9:01 AM (PDT)

ever since i updated my ipod to 1.1.2 i can see my photos using the my ipod

Posted by Titus on February 24, 2009 at 12:55 AM (PDT)

Ipod working fine (tho I HATE I-tunes)

Upgrade to 1.1.2

Music disappears!!!

Reload the Stones to go to the gymn - fine.
Reload AC/DC - eject - all music gone.
Re-set
REload AC/DC to go to the gym. Fine
Reload Stones - eject - all music gone

Tried loading lots of other music but it’s still failing & showing no music.

WHAT IS HAPPENING???

Posted by Giles Fielding on September 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM (PDT)

Like a fool I just updated my perfectly working Classic 160GB to 1.1.2 now I am getting audio dropouts for about 2-3 seconds at completely random times in the middle of songs. So much for bug fixes seems more like bug intorduction! Looks like I can’t revert back to 1.1.1 either as I recently wiped my drive with a clean install of Win 7 so iTunes along with the older firmware has gone.

Posted by Ricardo Phillips on October 5, 2010 at 2:00 AM (PDT)

i cant find itunes version 1.1.2, can anyone send me the link…

Posted by pradeep on April 6, 2012 at 4:53 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2