Apple updates iPod Radio Remote, AV Connection Kit
In addition to releasing new colors for the second-generation iPod shuffle, Apple has quietly updated two additional iPod products: the iPod 5G- and nano-compatible iPod Radio Remote, and the iPod AV Connection Kit. Released in January of 2006, the original iPod Radio Remote included a shortened pair of Apple’s classic iPod Earphones, and a combination remote control and FM radio tuner, the latter part highly similar in design to the second iPod shuffle. The updated Radio Remote (shown) now includes Apple’s latest iPod Earphones, which can be seen through the front of its clear plastic package. Apple’s iPod AV Connection kit retains the same major pieces as its predecessor - a Universal Dock, iPod AV Cable, iPod Dock Connector to USB Cable, Apple Remote, and USB Power Adapter - but updates the USB Power Adapter with the later, smaller September 2006 component. iLounge checks show inconsistent in-store availability of the Radio Remote and AV Connection Kit - some third-party retailers and Apple Stores have the updated accessories, while others do not. Thanks to iLounger TheWho61 for the tip.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?