Apple updates iPod Radio Remote, AV Connection Kit
In addition to releasing new colors for the second-generation iPod shuffle, Apple has quietly updated two additional iPod products: the iPod 5G- and nano-compatible iPod Radio Remote, and the iPod AV Connection Kit. Released in January of 2006, the original iPod Radio Remote included a shortened pair of Apple’s classic iPod Earphones, and a combination remote control and FM radio tuner, the latter part highly similar in design to the second iPod shuffle. The updated Radio Remote (shown) now includes Apple’s latest iPod Earphones, which can be seen through the front of its clear plastic package. Apple’s iPod AV Connection kit retains the same major pieces as its predecessor - a Universal Dock, iPod AV Cable, iPod Dock Connector to USB Cable, Apple Remote, and USB Power Adapter - but updates the USB Power Adapter with the later, smaller September 2006 component. iLounge checks show inconsistent in-store availability of the Radio Remote and AV Connection Kit - some third-party retailers and Apple Stores have the updated accessories, while others do not. Thanks to iLounger TheWho61 for the tip.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards