Apple updates iPod touch software to v1.1.1 | iLounge News

Apple updates iPod touch software to v1.1.1

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, September 27, 2007
News Categories: iPod

In addition to updates for both the iPhone and iTunes, Apple today released iPod touch software v1.1.1. Reports indicate that the update attempts to alleviate the “negative black” screen issue; the official release notes from Apple list only “bug fixes”. According to an Apple support document, the update may also be connected to iTunes 7.4.3 and issues regarding the initial setup of the iPod touch on some non-English versions of Windows. The update is a 150MB download and is available now through the update feature in iTunes.

« Retail Apple Stores deny unlocked iPhones Genius Bar, tech support

Apple releases iTunes 7.4.3 for Windows »

Comments

It fixed my screen.

Posted by don on September 27, 2007 at 1:57 PM (PDT)

Where’s the classic update FFS? They seem to be updating everything from iLife to iTunes for Windows to iWork to iPhone to iPod touch to Mac Pro to iMac…

Where is the fix for the thing that is REALLY knackered?

Posted by RDH on September 27, 2007 at 2:15 PM (PDT)

It fixed my screen too!! smile

Posted by Antonio Gomez on September 27, 2007 at 2:19 PM (PDT)

Interesting that the iPod touch update fixed the screen problem. The iPhone 1.1.1 update certainly didn’t fix the negative black issue on my iPhone.

Posted by Eric on September 27, 2007 at 2:44 PM (PDT)

Hell Yeah!!!
it DEFINITELY fixed my screen!!

Posted by ivank7 on September 27, 2007 at 3:28 PM (PDT)

But it removed the “All Albums” link from the “Artist” listing

Posted by n00k on September 27, 2007 at 4:20 PM (PDT)

It auto-synched when I connected the Touch today and ran the updater.  It tried to install, then I got the error message that the Touch would have to be fully restored. Basically lost four songs I purchased with the Wireless iTunes store since yesterday.  Wonderful.  Wish they’d synch the Touch with iTunes to get purchased songs off the iPod before doing forcing an update.

Posted by Mike D. on September 27, 2007 at 5:17 PM (PDT)

The update didn’t seem to cause any problems on my week 38 iPod touch. It didn’t have the negative/bad blacks before and still doesn’t afterward. The display is beautiful. The iTunes WiFi Music store story is more reason to avoid the iTS anywhere. You can’t redownload tracks for free from the ITS which is an absolute travesty and makes absolutely no sense. Not to mention the DRM on the majority of tracks still. I use emusic for most of my music (they allow unlimited redownloads and of course they have no DRM), and otherwise get CDs. I’ll consider DRM-free Amazon MP3s now as well, though I don’t know what their redownload policy is.

Posted by sjonke in Maryland, US on September 28, 2007 at 11:06 AM (PDT)

I had the same problem as Mike D. iTunes tried to install 1.1.1 on my iPod touch. I got an error message saying the touch would have to be fully restored to its default state. I lost all the music I had purchased on the touch.

Posted by mscott on September 29, 2007 at 9:28 PM (PDT)

i lost an album too, due to the restore issue with the software update. Is there any way I am able to retrieve that album back, onto my ipod, or computer? Thanks

Posted by khaines44 on October 4, 2007 at 10:08 PM (PDT)

maybe next time disconnect your computer from the internet before plugging in your ipod, that way itunes cant check for updates. then once it’s synched the purchased songs back, connect your computer to the internet again and check for updates

Posted by Scott on October 6, 2007 at 10:32 AM (PDT)

change ur settings to manually manage iPod and it will save u the hassle of the forced update

Posted by dillon on December 9, 2007 at 6:55 PM (PDT)