Apple warns of counterfeit iPods | iLounge News

Apple warns of counterfeit iPods

image

Apple has reportedly begun notifying its service partners of illegally manufactured digital audio players designed to closely resemble iPods. The counterfeit devices, usually imitations of the iPod nano and iPod shuffle, have strikingly similar designs but lack features such as a dock connector, functioning click wheel, and Apple operating system. Apple said the counterfeit iPods can be sold in very Apple-like product packaging and sometimes even come stamped with Apple logos and valid Apple serial numbers.

image

« Research firm: Apple to become MVNO, iPhone ‘inevitable’

General Mills launches iTunes song giveaway »

Comments

That is a shocking fake!

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 11:07 AM (CDT)

WOW!*! Which one is real? I think the black one on the left is genuine!

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 11:25 AM (CDT)

I agree Vonnegut…I mean the white one doesnt even have a VOL button…how can you have an iPod without volume control??

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 11:28 AM (CDT)

black one has to be the fake.  look a the click wheel.

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 11:28 AM (CDT)

upon more than a quick glance….......

what a HORRIBLE fake that is.

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 11:30 AM (CDT)

Black is the fake and the white is the real one.

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 11:37 AM (CDT)

“Vonnegut” and “name”.

I like your sense of humour. Very dry. Some won’t get it I’m sure.

;-)

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 11:57 AM (CDT)

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 12:04 PM (CDT)

Whats funny is that the black one is very bent and un aligned. Damn Chinese fakers, damn you all to hell!!.

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 12:04 PM (CDT)

I wonder if the fake ones scatch as easily as the real ones?  Just my .02 cents worth.

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 12:45 PM (CDT)

umm… did anyone compared the screens?

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 2:19 PM (CDT)

The black is a fake
Real ipods don’t have VOL buttons
If you can’t tell which is real and which is fake, you’re an idiot

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 2:25 PM (CDT)

The black one looks like it was colored in with a Sharpie.

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 2:36 PM (CDT)

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 2:40 PM (CDT)

Those shuffle fakes look pretty good actually.

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 2:41 PM (CDT)

haha if anyone ever tries to sell me that black ipod i will slap him twice.

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 2:42 PM (CDT)

DaveMeet2k1: you shouldnt assume that chinese people made these things. How would you know if they even made them? Befor you post make sure you DONT be a racest!!

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 3:04 PM (CDT)

funny to see how many people don`t have any humour :)
Anyway, beleive it or not, my sister bought one of those fakes while we were living in asia….for 30$.(she knew it was a fake of course..)

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 3:47 PM (CDT)

iLounge is the racist…which iPod did they make out to be the fake?  The BLACK one!

Haterz.

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 4:17 PM (CDT)

Haven’t you people ever heard of sarcasm? The first few posters were being sarcastic…

I can’t believe these replies to those posts:

“black one has to be the fake.  look a the click wheel.”
“Black is the fake and the white is the real one.”
“The black one is the real one. It’s so obvious. I’m looking at mine right now and it looks just like the black one.”
“The black one is the fake, I used to work for the Geek Squad (so I saw them on a constant basis) and we sent the real piece of crap ones out to service atleast 4 -7 times a day (if not more).”

No offense but if you can’t tell the difference between a genuine iPod and a fake, you’re an idiot…

Posted by LC Angell on April 19, 2006 at 5:05 PM (CDT)