Apple wins appeal in iPod hearing loss suit
Apple recently won an appeal in a class-action lawsuit that sought to hold the company responsible for hearing loss caused by iPods. Reuters reports that the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco upheld a prior district court’s rejection of the suit, ruling that the plaintiffs in the case failed to show that use of the iPod poses an unreasonable risk of noise-induced hearing loss. “The plaintiffs do not allege the iPods failed to do anything they were designed to do nor do they allege that they, or any others, have suffered or are substantially certain to suffer inevitable hearing loss or other injury from iPod use,” Senior Judge David Thompson wrote. “At most, the plaintiffs plead a potential risk of hearing loss not to themselves, but to other unidentified iPod users.” The plaintiffs were seeking monetary damages and a court order requiring Apple to improve safety disclosures and provide better headphones.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Device able to access iOS 8.1 through brute-force attack
- Microsoft to bring Cortana to iOS
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 3 to developers (Update: iOS 8.3 Public Beta also released)
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?