Apple’s included iPod sleeves go from gray to black | iLounge News

Apple’s included iPod sleeves go from gray to black

image

Apple has quietly changed the color of the protective sleeves included with the iPod nano from gray to black. The sleeves first started shipping with the nano in November 2005 after complaints of widespread scratching and a subsequent lawsuit. A nearly identical sleeve came with the fifth-generation iPod from day one. It can be assumed that the fifth-generation iPod sleeves will also now come in black instead of gray. Thanks to iLounger Mikael Langfos for the photo.

image

« iGlaze faceplate now available for 5G iPods

SpeckTone Retro iPod speaker system debuts »

Comments

i got my nano in Feb and it came with a black sleeve… is this really a new thing?

Posted by John L on May 30, 2006 at 10:39 AM (CDT)

How about the white iPod nano ? Does it come with a black protection ???

Posted by V on May 30, 2006 at 10:47 AM (CDT)

would be nice- my grey one is getting dirty.

Posted by Scott on May 30, 2006 at 11:07 AM (CDT)

Grey ones end up dirty pretty fast.

Posted by JT on May 30, 2006 at 11:08 AM (CDT)

Got a Black 5G two weeks ago; it came with a black sleeve…

Posted by Cisco on May 30, 2006 at 11:17 AM (CDT)

I got an iSkin! Mwaaahaaahaaa!!!

Posted by hoho on May 30, 2006 at 11:27 AM (CDT)

the grey one gets dirt on it easily…

i want a black one :(

Posted by pat on May 30, 2006 at 11:30 AM (CDT)

holy crap, does this kind of stuff really have any relevence? Who cares!

Posted by n0mg5 on May 30, 2006 at 12:06 PM (CDT)

Of course it does.  This web site’s purpose is to keep us informed on all things Ipod.  Keep up the good work guys!

Posted by bonetoe on May 30, 2006 at 12:45 PM (CDT)

it does make me think i have no life when the most interesting things i have read in the last two days are about an elevator being stuck for 45 minutes and successfuly responded to and, not to Engadget’s fault (they don’t create the products), something like this.  i’m so desperate for something new i installed XP on my iMac!

Posted by Bryan on May 30, 2006 at 12:50 PM (CDT)

hehe bryan… :)

Posted by Marki on May 30, 2006 at 1:26 PM (CDT)

I purchased a black 5G iPod a month ago for my wife and a white one a week ago for myself and both came with black sleeves.  Just an FYI.  If you don’t care, ala n0mg5, then you shouldn’t be reading this. - Caleb

Posted by Caleb on May 30, 2006 at 1:55 PM (CDT)

My vote for best post of this thread: “holy crap, does this kind of stuff really have any relevence? Who cares!”

This place has become a forum of whiners and cry babies.

Posted by sapporobaby on May 30, 2006 at 2:30 PM (CDT)

I declare the fact that the gray protective sleeves show dirt a design defect!  I am publicly outraged (privately smug - I was wise enough to keep the sleeve in its original protective plastic wrap and store it in the original box) and demand compensation!  Or, at least, notoriety!  Lawyers, you have my permission to use my name without permission.  Do not contact me until my $5 store credit check is ready!

Posted by rochester on May 30, 2006 at 2:37 PM (CDT)

I purchased a black 5G iPod two months ago and it came with a black sleeve… nothing new

Posted by Blake on May 30, 2006 at 3:55 PM (CDT)

I guess its not so widespread. When I picked mine up at the Apple store, it came with the gray sleeve. I purchased my white 5G a little over a month ago (April 24th)

Posted by nojok3 on May 30, 2006 at 4:18 PM (CDT)

Yeah, I was confused when I saw that my friend’s iPod 5G came with a black case.  I asked if he dyed it or something.  Then I started noticing more of those black cases with the current iPods.

Posted by Jake on May 30, 2006 at 9:34 PM (CDT)

Just bought a white 5g at the weekend - case was black.

- h

Posted by hywel on May 30, 2006 at 11:22 PM (CDT)

My Grey one just fell appart within the first month of having my iPod. The stiches just fell out :(

I use a nice white leather belkin case now :)

Posted by iHayden on May 31, 2006 at 12:17 AM (CDT)

The grey case that came with my 5G 60GB has served me well.  I recently replaced it with one of the Waterfield cases that I am very pleased with.  The old Ipod case now protects my Razr.  If it had been black, I would have liked that.  Is it important enough for me to try and get a black one? No, not really, but I am glad to see little items like this posted on ilounge.  Sharing of information no matter how trivial or important it what this site is based on and does a very good job at it.  Thanks to ilounge for their work.

Posted by SouthernGothic on May 31, 2006 at 6:46 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >