Apple’s included iPod sleeves go from gray to black | iLounge News

Apple’s included iPod sleeves go from gray to black

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, May 30, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Apple has quietly changed the color of the protective sleeves included with the iPod nano from gray to black. The sleeves first started shipping with the nano in November 2005 after complaints of widespread scratching and a subsequent lawsuit. A nearly identical sleeve came with the fifth-generation iPod from day one. It can be assumed that the fifth-generation iPod sleeves will also now come in black instead of gray. Thanks to iLounger Mikael Langfos for the photo.

image

« iGlaze faceplate now available for 5G iPods

SpeckTone Retro iPod speaker system debuts »

Comments

I got my 5G a few days ago and it had a black case so mdefiently not new.

Posted by Sam on May 31, 2006 at 4:05 AM (PDT)

“holy crap, does this kind of stuff really have any relevence? Who cares!”

Yeah!  Imagine THAT!  The nerve of some people.  People actually DISCUSSING things in a DISCUSSION FORUM!!!

I purchased my 5G at the Atlanta Apple store in March of this year.  Mine came with the grey case.

Posted by Stymyx on May 31, 2006 at 7:26 AM (PDT)

wow - they look awesome - i hope we will get them in the US soon - totally awesome

Posted by biffins-bridge on May 31, 2006 at 9:18 AM (PDT)

Just curious…are those ipod sleeves washable?

I have the grey one and it’s now dirty due to frequent use.

Posted by Rem on May 31, 2006 at 11:24 PM (PDT)

I still kind of prefer the old grey ones - I’ve drawn a lot of artwork on mine, it makes it look a hell of a lot more interesting and I’m proud of it. Presumably with the new black ones you can’t do this unless you use tip-ex or something…

Posted by Steve on June 1, 2006 at 3:35 AM (PDT)

I bought my ipod nano 2 weeks ago and i didnt get any protection. I Want!!!
Heres the things i got:

CD
Quick start manual
Stickers
Ipod Nano
Hearphones
Black stuff to hearphones
a tiny white thing

WHERES MY?! Please i want it, how do i get? Whats the email to apple?!

Posted by Mirza on June 2, 2006 at 3:04 AM (PDT)

You are not missing anything, Those crappy sleeves scratch the black finish too. I kept my blav 5g in one till the iskin came out and it had tiny scratches all over it.

Posted by Chris on June 5, 2006 at 5:58 AM (PDT)

does anyone know where i can buy one of the black ones?
i hate my grey one.
i have a black ipod with a stupid looking dirty grey sleeve. the black would match better.

Posted by tom on June 28, 2006 at 8:38 PM (PDT)

is it possible to purchase the sleeves individually from anywhere? if so where and link please?

Posted by Sarah E on January 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2