Apple’s iPhone 4 accessories: Bumper cases, Dock | iLounge News

Apple’s iPhone 4 accessories: Bumper cases, Dock

image

Alongside the iPhone 4, Apple today announced a pair of accessories for its latest handset. Bumpers are case-like rubber and molded plastic accessories that appear to wrap around the edge of the iPhone, with metal covers for the volume and power buttons. Available in six two-tone color combinations—white, black, blue, green, orange, or pink—they will sell for $29. In addition, Apple will offer a redesigned iPhone Dock for the iPhone 4, roughly matching the width of the device and leaving the sides of the iPhone exposed; it too will sell for $29. Apple will launch the iPhone on June 24; it is unclear whether the new accessories will be released at the same time, or at a later date.

« WWDC App Debuts: iMovie, Guitar Hero, Netflix, Farmville

First hands-on photos of iPhone 4 posted »

Comments

Apple doesn’t do anything by accident or just to make money $.  I imagine the bumper case does provide protection for the new iPhone given the glass on both sides.

Yes it is expensive but it allows the iPhone to look great while offering protection in the case of a fall.

I’m sure the bumper case is slightly raised so it offers a “bumper” protection instead of the falling on the glass.

There are always too many haters on these boards.  I’m sure it offers protection.  Yes it is expensive but I may get it in black.

Steve doesn’t do anything by accident there is a reason for this case!  Think about it!

Posted by Wheatie on June 10, 2010 at 5:00 PM (PDT)

I’ll be getting a bumper with my new iPhone.

$29 for a small case is better than $79 for a new Senna case.

A bumper will mean my new iPhone 4 will slip neatly into my iPhone 3G case.

Maybe this is the reason for them…?

Posted by Sam on June 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM (PDT)

The reason for the bumper case: Steve is tired of seeing 3rd party case manufacturers profiting off of changing the “clean” lines of the iPhones and, much more importantly, COVERING THE APPLE LOGO.

Many cases even put their own logo where the Apple would be on the back. This is Steve’s way of “purifying” the iPhone within a case that meets his minimalist aesthetic.

Now… does it actually protect? And will it fit in that $29 dock?

Posted by tdd on June 16, 2010 at 7:21 AM (PDT)

@Jonathon—LOL “glorified rubberband”... i love it! lmao thats too funny.

Posted by gigglesjenni550i on June 23, 2010 at 11:11 AM (PDT)

Not so much wanting one as to have to have one as holding phone interferes with antenna and reception. According to AT&T this case should eliminate that. I’ve had the phone for two days and reception is awful if you are not careful of how you hold it or if your moving around. Believe me it’s a real pain. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve never seen a bumper case before the G4, makes you wonder if they knew about this problem all along. AT&T just says not our fault you have hands spend the $29 and that will fix it. Seems like Apple or AT&T should be handing these out to the consumer for free for what is an obvious design flaw

Posted by Ralph E on June 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM (PDT)

I have for my iPhone3 a Bose docking station plus a handsfree set called Parrot to for the car, both work very well allowing me to play music and charge the phone at the same time.
My question is will they work with the new iPhone4 ?
I want to get one but am afraid of all the extra costs if my accessories are not compatable

Posted by Keith Ridgewell on August 20, 2010 at 7:12 AM (PDT)

hi i need a price list for all the things iphone 3g & 3gs & iphone 4 thanks martin

Posted by martin spiteri on October 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2