Apple’s missing iPod shuffle 3G ad revealed on iTunes?
Published: Wednesday, June 3, 2009
News Categories: iPod shuffle
Apple has added an iTunes Store promotional graphic and song listing for a third-generation iPod shuffle advertisement that has not appeared. The graphic takes users to an unusually sparse and seemingly unfinished page listing the songs “Happy Up Here” by Röyksopp, “1901” by Phoenix, and “Rich Girls” by The Virgins, all under the heading of “iPod Shuffle Ad Songs,” with the “s” in shuffle atypically capitalized. In addition, the promo graphic, three-track album art, and main page header graphic all use a Voice Over talk bubble-like graphic, populated by art similar to that seen on Röyksopp’s new album Junior. It is unclear whether the songs were planned for use in an upcoming or cancelled set of shuffle advertisements, and whether Apple intentionally or errantly posted the song listing.
Update: iLounge readers report that the songs come from a web banner ad that appeared earlier this week on ESPN.com; however, the ad does not appear to be visible now.
Update x2: Continue reading to see a screenshot of the web-based advertisement, which was found on allmusic. Thanks to our readers for helping to track this down.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple patents fourth-generation iPod shuffle
- Updated photo gallery: every new 2012 iPod shuffle
- First photos show 2012 iPod shuffle colors, textures
- New iPod shuffle to debut at WWDC?
- Apple patent points to iPod nano/shuffle speaker
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Apple Reuse & Recycling program expands to iPad
- Apple offering free recycling of used products in stores
- Report: 5.5” ‘iPhone Air’ may not be seen until 2015
- Apple interviewing candidates for mobile payment service
- Apple launches environmental responsibility campaign
- Apple TV adds A&E, History, Lifetime channels
- Nike stopping FuelBand production
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac