Apple’s missing iPod shuffle 3G ad revealed on iTunes?
Published: Wednesday, June 3, 2009
News Categories: iPod shuffle
Apple has added an iTunes Store promotional graphic and song listing for a third-generation iPod shuffle advertisement that has not appeared. The graphic takes users to an unusually sparse and seemingly unfinished page listing the songs “Happy Up Here” by Röyksopp, “1901” by Phoenix, and “Rich Girls” by The Virgins, all under the heading of “iPod Shuffle Ad Songs,” with the “s” in shuffle atypically capitalized. In addition, the promo graphic, three-track album art, and main page header graphic all use a Voice Over talk bubble-like graphic, populated by art similar to that seen on Röyksopp’s new album Junior. It is unclear whether the songs were planned for use in an upcoming or cancelled set of shuffle advertisements, and whether Apple intentionally or errantly posted the song listing.
Update: iLounge readers report that the songs come from a web banner ad that appeared earlier this week on ESPN.com; however, the ad does not appear to be visible now.
Update x2: Continue reading to see a screenshot of the web-based advertisement, which was found on allmusic. Thanks to our readers for helping to track this down.
- Apple patents fourth-generation iPod shuffle
- Updated photo gallery: every new 2012 iPod shuffle
- First photos show 2012 iPod shuffle colors, textures
- New iPod shuffle to debut at WWDC?
- Apple patent points to iPod nano/shuffle speaker
- Despite rumors, iPod shuffle + classic still available
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore