AppleScripts for iTunes and iPod Released
iLounger John Paul Davis has released several new AppleScripts for use with iTunes and iPod.
Import Selected iPod Tracks
This script will copy the selected files on an iPod to your iTunes Library in Artist:Album:file.mp3 format, import the files to iTunes, and display them in a playlist called “Imports from iPod”. Includes Read Me and Installer.
Backup iTunes Tracks to DVD
Makes a DVD-sized dmg and copies files in Artist:Album:song.mp3 organization to it - it works using the same xml functionality as Backup iTunes Tracks to MP3 CD, and is actually designed to work in conjunction with that script.
Backup Selection or Playlist to DVD
Makes a DVD-sized dmg and copies files in Artist:Album:song.mp3 organization to it based on either user selection or a selected playlist.
Backup Selection or Playlist to MP3 CD
Will make as many MP3CD -sized playlists as needed, organized by album, based on user selection or a selected playlist.
Make BackUp MP3 CD
This script will collect tracks into a playlist and sort them into MP3 CD-sized playlists by album. Your end product will be a batch of playlists, each small enough to fit on an MP3 CD, grouped by album. Read Me explains more. Includes link to required “XML Tools” Scripting Addition.
Now includes installer script.
You’ll find more useful iTunes and iPod scripts at Doug’s AppleScripts for iTunes:
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- Apple reveals(RED) iPhone 7, 7 Plus models, doubles storage of iPhone SE
- Apple drops 32GB iPad mini 4, reduces price of 128GB model and discontinues iPad mini 2
- Apple unveils new upgraded entry-level 9.7” iPad, replacing iPad Air 2
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10