AppleScripts for iTunes and iPod Released
iLounger John Paul Davis has released several new AppleScripts for use with iTunes and iPod.
Import Selected iPod Tracks
This script will copy the selected files on an iPod to your iTunes Library in Artist:Album:file.mp3 format, import the files to iTunes, and display them in a playlist called “Imports from iPod”. Includes Read Me and Installer.
Backup iTunes Tracks to DVD
Makes a DVD-sized dmg and copies files in Artist:Album:song.mp3 organization to it - it works using the same xml functionality as Backup iTunes Tracks to MP3 CD, and is actually designed to work in conjunction with that script.
Backup Selection or Playlist to DVD
Makes a DVD-sized dmg and copies files in Artist:Album:song.mp3 organization to it based on either user selection or a selected playlist.
Backup Selection or Playlist to MP3 CD
Will make as many MP3CD -sized playlists as needed, organized by album, based on user selection or a selected playlist.
Make BackUp MP3 CD
This script will collect tracks into a playlist and sort them into MP3 CD-sized playlists by album. Your end product will be a batch of playlists, each small enough to fit on an MP3 CD, grouped by album. Read Me explains more. Includes link to required “XML Tools” Scripting Addition.
Now includes installer script.
You’ll find more useful iTunes and iPod scripts at Doug’s AppleScripts for iTunes:
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards