AppleScripts for iTunes and iPod Released
iLounger John Paul Davis has released several new AppleScripts for use with iTunes and iPod.
Import Selected iPod Tracks
This script will copy the selected files on an iPod to your iTunes Library in Artist:Album:file.mp3 format, import the files to iTunes, and display them in a playlist called “Imports from iPod”. Includes Read Me and Installer.
Backup iTunes Tracks to DVD
Makes a DVD-sized dmg and copies files in Artist:Album:song.mp3 organization to it - it works using the same xml functionality as Backup iTunes Tracks to MP3 CD, and is actually designed to work in conjunction with that script.
Backup Selection or Playlist to DVD
Makes a DVD-sized dmg and copies files in Artist:Album:song.mp3 organization to it based on either user selection or a selected playlist.
Backup Selection or Playlist to MP3 CD
Will make as many MP3CD -sized playlists as needed, organized by album, based on user selection or a selected playlist.
Make BackUp MP3 CD
This script will collect tracks into a playlist and sort them into MP3 CD-sized playlists by album. Your end product will be a batch of playlists, each small enough to fit on an MP3 CD, grouped by album. Read Me explains more. Includes link to required “XML Tools” Scripting Addition.
Now includes installer script.
You’ll find more useful iTunes and iPod scripts at Doug’s AppleScripts for iTunes:
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?