Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
A&E Television Networks Mobile has updated two of its free apps — A&E and History — to version 2.0, bringing live streaming TV to both apps. Of course, as you may have suspected, both apps require signing in with a TV provider. A quick glance at the list shows that many major TV providers are supported.
Ally Financial has released a major update to its Ally Mobile Banking (free) app. The app looks much cleaner and is easier to navigate after being redesigned for iOS 7 in version 3.0.0. A new graph shows a user’s total balance in all Ally accounts, and another new features shows all consolidated activity. Ally is also now offering more details on check holds within the app. Mobile check deposit also has a cleaner look when using the iOS device camera. A number of other UI tweaks make for a much better banking experience.
Amazon Mobile’s cloud photo app, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos (free) has been redesigned in version 3.0. The new update also brings an array of new features, including a timeline that lets users see a history of photos and videos. Uploads have been enhanced, and photos and videos can now be saved automatically. There are more sorting options now, and improved, simplified navigation, as well. Users get 5GB of free space.
Pandora Media upgraded its free Pandora Music app to version 5.3 with one new feature — but it’s a notable addition, as the Pandora alarm clock is now available for iPad. Users can now wake up to their favorite station, or hit snooze if they’re not ready. A sleep timer is also included. It’s not quite the same as picking the same song to wake up to every day, but not everyone wants that — and it beats most ringtones.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?