Apps: Asphalt 8 1.4, Delectable 4.0, Godfire + Star Wars Scene Maker
Gameloft’s newest update to Asphalt 8: Airborne (free) adds a number of new cars to the racing game, among a few other new features. Version 1.4 offers players the chance to drive the Chrysler ME 412, Ferrari FF, Ford 2006 GT, Hennessey Venom GT, Mercedes Benz CLK GTR AMG, Mercedes SLS AMG, and the 2015 Ford Mustang. A new booster has also been added to the game for novice players who are battling veterans, and completing a car collection now gives players a reward, as well.
Delectable has updated its free Delectable — Wine Scanner & Journal app to version 4.0. The app’s label recognition feature is now faster and better than ever— take a picture of a wine label from within the app, and the app will offer up a variety of facts and reviews on the bottle of your choice within seconds. Also included in the update are a brand new wine ratings system, and a new interface.
Godfire ($7) is an impressive looking new action-adventure game from Vivid Games. The game has already drawn comparisons to God of War, and for good reason. Godfire’s graphics are some of the most impressive seen in an iOS game yet. Though the game promises “free exploration,” the gameplay is a bit more linear than one might expect. That being said, those who gravitate toward big iOS game releases will almost surely seek out Godfire.
Disney’s new Star Wars Scene Maker lets users create their own Star Wars scenes. You can choose animated characters, control their actions, select bits of dialogue and then record your scene. The app isn’t for the faint of heart — it will take some getting used to in order to film a scene to your liking, as there’s a bit of a learning curve. But some Star Wars fanatics will be more than willing to put in the time to create. Though the app is free, the download only gives you one setting, with more to be bought through in-app purchases.
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Airmail, Day One 2, Airfoil Satellite, Instagram + Pocket
- Facebook rolls out Live Video to US users
- Microsoft releases News Pro app for iOS
- Report: Apple to offer subscription content via News app
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!