Apps: Asphalt 8 1.4, Delectable 4.0, Godfire + Star Wars Scene Maker
Gameloft’s newest update to Asphalt 8: Airborne (free) adds a number of new cars to the racing game, among a few other new features. Version 1.4 offers players the chance to drive the Chrysler ME 412, Ferrari FF, Ford 2006 GT, Hennessey Venom GT, Mercedes Benz CLK GTR AMG, Mercedes SLS AMG, and the 2015 Ford Mustang. A new booster has also been added to the game for novice players who are battling veterans, and completing a car collection now gives players a reward, as well.
Delectable has updated its free Delectable — Wine Scanner & Journal app to version 4.0. The app’s label recognition feature is now faster and better than ever— take a picture of a wine label from within the app, and the app will offer up a variety of facts and reviews on the bottle of your choice within seconds. Also included in the update are a brand new wine ratings system, and a new interface.
Godfire ($7) is an impressive looking new action-adventure game from Vivid Games. The game has already drawn comparisons to God of War, and for good reason. Godfire’s graphics are some of the most impressive seen in an iOS game yet. Though the game promises “free exploration,” the gameplay is a bit more linear than one might expect. That being said, those who gravitate toward big iOS game releases will almost surely seek out Godfire.
Disney’s new Star Wars Scene Maker lets users create their own Star Wars scenes. You can choose animated characters, control their actions, select bits of dialogue and then record your scene. The app isn’t for the faint of heart — it will take some getting used to in order to film a scene to your liking, as there’s a bit of a learning curve. But some Star Wars fanatics will be more than willing to put in the time to create. Though the app is free, the download only gives you one setting, with more to be bought through in-app purchases.
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?