Apps: Carousel, Delivery Status touch 5.1, Family Guy + RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile
Carousel by Dropbox is the new free app from Dropbox built solely to manage and provide quick access to photos and videos. All photos and videos are backed up to Dropbox. Photos and videos can also be shared instantly within private conversations. It’s notable that Carousel won’t connect with Dropbox for Business accounts — only personal accounts.
Junecloud’s package tracking app, Delivery Status touch ($5), has updated to version 5.1. The new update introduces a wide array of new features, including improved background notifications — unnecessary notifications are gone, and updates only become more frequent when necessary. Keyboard shortcuts have been added for Bluetooth keyboards. Among other improvements are tweaks to the map, the clear passwords function, and the return of manual sorting. A bunch of bug fixes are also included in this major update.
TinyCo, Inc.‘s Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff is the latest free-to-play, in-app purchase-enhanced, Farmville-esque title to make it to the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Much like The Simpsons: Tapped Out, this game is based on a popular FOX cartoon series, with an original story and the voice cast providing new content. After a fight between Peter Griffin and his nemesis, the giant chicken, Quahog has been destroyed and it’s up to you to build it back up. The game walks you through the first 20 minutes or so of play, explaining the different tasks and mechanics. In terms of gameplay, there’s really nothing here that hasn’t been done before. But Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff is full of the show’s trademark humor, and might appeal to fans of the show who like this kind of game.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile ($3) from Atari brings the newest game in the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise to iOS. The game, which features the franchise’s traditional theme park building gameplay, now offers more than 50 different attractions, restaurants, concession stands, hotels, and decorations. New materials allow users to create new types of taller, faster coasters. For those who don’t like actually creating the in-game coasters for some reason, 20 pre-designed coasters are included.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards