Apps: Fantastical 2 2.05, Paper 1.61, Ridge Racer Slipstream 2.0 + Speedtest 3.2
Fantastical 2 ($5), the calendar and reminders app from Flexibits Inc., has updated to version 2.0.5. The update adds support for opening links in 1Password and Mercury web browsers, and creating events with floating time zones. An update to the week view makes events and invitations easier to read. A host of other fixes and changes have been made, including improvements to accessibility and search speed. Fantastical 2 is currently on sale for a limited time.
FiftyThree’s Paper (free) has updated to version 1.6.1. The drawing and creation app has been updated for iOS 7 — menu components have been refreshed and controls are billed as simpler and cleaner. Eraser, Color, and Blend tools now make smaller strokes, and ink speed dynamics have been tweaked to better fit their zoom level. Another new feature — holding down Draw and Eraser makes dots.
Ridge Racer Slipstream ($1) from Namco Bandai has updated to version 2.0.0. The game now features online 8-player multiplayer. With the multiplayer addition, it’s now possible to invite Facebook friends to play online. Improvements have also been made to the game’s frame rate for a smoother ride. Bug fixes and other minor improvements are included in the update.
Ookla’s Speedtest.net Mobile Speed Test (free) is now a universal app in version 3.2.0, and it now offers landscape mode. The speedometer now adjusts dynamically for high speed connections. Speedtest’s server selection user interface has also been improved.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?