Apps: Files United 1.1, Final Fantasy VI, Galcon Legends + NBC Sports Live Extra 3.0
Files United (free) from Zuhanden GmbH is a file manager app that gives users access to documents, images, music, and videos. The app can access Dropbox, Drive, Box, and SkyDrive. Version 1.1 of the app lets users quickly transfer files from Macs to iOS devices in conjunction with the free Mac app. The updated app also supports FTP and SMB access and transfer.
Square Enix’s classic RPG Final Fantasy VI ($16) has arrived in the App Store. Debuting in 1994 for Super Nintendo, many Final Fantasy fans believe FFVI to be the best game in the series. The iOS version uses iCloud to save and access game data across devices. Square Enix says the graphics have been recreated, and the magicites and events from the 2006 remake of the game are included. Additionally, some parts of the game have been overhauled to allow the use of touch controls.
Galcon Legends from Hassey Enterprises ($3) is a new version of the real-time space strategy game Galcon. While Galcon places a heavy emphasis on multiplayer, Galcon Legends offers 23 missions in a single-player campaign. The gameplay, however, is classic Galcon. Galcon Legends is said to teach “the basic strategies of Galcon,” so it may be a good game for Galcon newbies.
NBC Universal’s NBC Sports Live Extra has upgraded to version 3.0, with a major Olympic update. Users of the app will be able to watch every event at the 2014 Winter Olympics live — more than 1,000 hours of coverage, including all 15 sports, and all 98 medal award ceremonies. Event rewinds and on-demand highlights are also offered. Though the app is free, most of the streaming content on NBC Sports Live Extra requires verification of a cable or satellite service.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?