Apps: Game of Thrones Ascent, iTunes Movie Trailers 1.4, Star Wars: Assault Team + Twitter 6.3
The strategy game Game of Thrones Ascent has come to iPad from developer Kongregate. Based on the wildly popular George R.R. Martin novels and HBO show, Game of Thrones Ascent already has 2.5 million online players. The game will be updated with new quests each Monday following new Sunday episodes on HBO — season 4 of the show starts April 6. While free to play, Game of Thrones Ascent does feature a number of in-app purchases.
Apple’s free iTunes Movie Trailers app has added a number of features in version 1.4. iTunes Movie Trailers now allows users to read Rotten Tomatoes critic reviews directly in the app. Users can also add a movie to the Favorites section to be notified when the film is released in theaters or on the iTunes Store, and links to trailers can be shared using AirDrop. The customary bug fixes and performance improvements are also included in the update.
Star Wars: Assault Team is a new card-based game from LucasArts. Featuring beloved classic Star Wars characters, the game has an original story which exists between the events of Episode IV and Episode V. Star Wars: Assault Team looks similar to other card battle games, as characters have unique stats, attacks, and the ability to upgrade. Head-to-head play is also offered. The game is free, with a few available in-app purchases.
The official Twitter (free) app for iOS has improved dramatically over time, with some of our editors preferring the free app to other paid Twitter clients. Twitter announced it’s rolling out two new photo features in the most recent update, version 6.3. It will now be possible to tag up to 10 people in a photo, and the tags will not affect the character count. Users are notified if they’re tagged in a photo, and photo tag adjustments can be made in settings. It will also be possible for users to share up to four photos in a single tweet. Notably, the iPhone app will have these features before the web version of Twitter.
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: The Met, Iconic, Infinity Blade 1.4 + more
- The Room Three coming to iOS next spring
- Apple updates App Store Guidelines, reveals app rejection reasons
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple quietly pulls back on 2014 CarPlay availability
- iPhone 6 Plus users reporting bending iPhones
- FXNOW channel comes to Apple TV
- Apple airs two new iPhone 6 ads
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels