Apps: Google+ 4.7, Instagram 6.0, Toca Town, Vivaldi’s Four Seasons
Google has updated its Google+ (free) iOS app to version 4.7.0. The updated app introduces Google+ Stories, which combine photos, videos, and places into trip summaries. A new photo editor featuring filters and other creative tools has also been added. Users can now check out total content views within profiles, and support is now offered for reporting abusive communities.
Instagram (free) has upgraded its app to version 6.0.0. The app now has 10 new photo-editing tools, including tools to enrich colors, adjust lighting, sharpen, and perfect a composition. It’s also now possible to adjust the filter strength just by double tapping. Uploading and sharing videos has also become an easier process with the update.
Toca Boca is back with another appealing kids app, Toca Town ($3). Toca Town is the most ambitious app yet from the developer — a wide-open exploratory app that lets children go into houses, visit the park, the police stations, and more locations. Kids can select from a lineup of characters at any time to drop them into a setting for play. Jump into an apartment and put a character to bed, where it’ll fall asleep. Or visit the store, where you can check out some groceries and put them in a bag. Though the town is small, the possibilities are endless for the imaginative. Toddlers to tweens might have some interest in Toca Town — even adults might want to explore a bit in Toca’s impressive interactive world.
From Touch Press, the makers of The Orchestra and Beethoven’s 9th Symphony apps, comes another massive classical music app — Vivaldi’s Four Seasons ($11) for iPad. Antonio Vivaldi first composed The Four Seasons in 1723, and the four violin concertos have been some of the most popular, enduring works in classical music. Users of the new app can listen to all concertos in two separate acclaimed performances. Individual instruments can be isolated, and users can shift to different camera angles during the performance. The BeatMap feature also returns, allowing users to see a visualization of the music as the instruments play on. Vivaldi’s Four Seasons will only run on an iPad running iOS 7.0 or later.
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?