Apps: Google+ 4.7, Instagram 6.0, Toca Town, Vivaldi’s Four Seasons
Google has updated its Google+ (free) iOS app to version 4.7.0. The updated app introduces Google+ Stories, which combine photos, videos, and places into trip summaries. A new photo editor featuring filters and other creative tools has also been added. Users can now check out total content views within profiles, and support is now offered for reporting abusive communities.
Instagram (free) has upgraded its app to version 6.0.0. The app now has 10 new photo-editing tools, including tools to enrich colors, adjust lighting, sharpen, and perfect a composition. It’s also now possible to adjust the filter strength just by double tapping. Uploading and sharing videos has also become an easier process with the update.
Toca Boca is back with another appealing kids app, Toca Town ($3). Toca Town is the most ambitious app yet from the developer — a wide-open exploratory app that lets children go into houses, visit the park, the police stations, and more locations. Kids can select from a lineup of characters at any time to drop them into a setting for play. Jump into an apartment and put a character to bed, where it’ll fall asleep. Or visit the store, where you can check out some groceries and put them in a bag. Though the town is small, the possibilities are endless for the imaginative. Toddlers to tweens might have some interest in Toca Town — even adults might want to explore a bit in Toca’s impressive interactive world.
From Touch Press, the makers of The Orchestra and Beethoven’s 9th Symphony apps, comes another massive classical music app — Vivaldi’s Four Seasons ($11) for iPad. Antonio Vivaldi first composed The Four Seasons in 1723, and the four violin concertos have been some of the most popular, enduring works in classical music. Users of the new app can listen to all concertos in two separate acclaimed performances. Individual instruments can be isolated, and users can shift to different camera angles during the performance. The BeatMap feature also returns, allowing users to see a visualization of the music as the instruments play on. Vivaldi’s Four Seasons will only run on an iPad running iOS 7.0 or later.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?