Apps of the Week: Capo touch, Dino Dog, Minecraft 0.9 + more
Capo touch ($10) — Capo touch is a new iOS app based on Capo, the app featured today in our Mac section. The app, from SuperMegaUltraGroovy, teaches users how to play the songs in an iTunes library through automatic chord detection. Capo touch is currently on sale for $5, half off the regular price.
Care Bears Love to Learn (free) — Care Bears Love to Learn is a new learning app from American Greetings. Made for ages 5 and under, the app includes a number of activities featuring popular Care Bears. Kids can count with Share Bear, build shapes with Grumpy Bear, make music with Harmony Bear, and so forth.
Blackwell 1: Legacy ($2) — A graphic adventure game first released in 2006, Blackwell 1: Legacy from Wadjet Eye Games has been released on iOS. The point-and-click style game is released with its second and third installments, Blackwell 2: Unbound ($3) and Blackwell 3: Convergence ($3), which are both separate purchases.
Dino Dog ($3) — StoryToys is best known for their interactive pop-up books, but the developer has been toying with new features in their titles recently. Dino Dog is a game, in which children direct Dino Dog to dig for fossils and put together dinosaur bones. This is new territory for Story Toys, but it’s impressive, with great animation and plenty of voice work.
It’s made for ages 6-8, but slightly younger kids may enjoy it as well, as the gameplay is pretty basic.
Sonic Jump Fever (free) — Sega’s new Sonic game for iOS is a new sequel to Sonic Jump. Players start by controlling Tails as he jumps up through the course — you tilt the device to guide your character. Power-ups, double jumps, and other slight gameplay variations are included. The “Fever” in the title comes from a Fever mode which can be activated for a few seconds. It’s a simple game, but again, it’s free to play.
Minecraft - Pocket Edition ($7) — Mojang has released a much anticipated update for the iOS version of Minecraft, as version 0.9.0 brings infinite worlds to the game. The update has also added new blocks and items. Wolves have also joined the game, and a new “interaction” button has also been added.
MLB.com At Bat (free) — MLB.com At Bat from MLB.com has been updated in time for the upcoming MLB All-Star festivities. Version 7.3 of the app will let users stream the Home Run Derby and All-Star Futures Game live. Additionally, MLB.TV Premium subscribers will be able to watch a live stream of the 85th All-Star Game on Tuesday, July 15.
The Wolf Among Us ($5) — Telltale’s The Wolf Among Us has released its final episode — Cry Wolf. Like the game itself, the final episode in the graphic adventure series is $5.
- Apps of the Week: The Met, Iconic, Infinity Blade 1.4 + more
- The Room Three coming to iOS next spring
- Apple updates App Store Guidelines, reveals app rejection reasons
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Apple removes Secret app from Brazilian App Store
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple and U2 to work together on music innovation
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Pay to China
- Report: Future Apple Watches to include more health features, sensors
- iPhone 6 pre-orders plagued by issues
- Apple upgrades current iCloud users to new storage prices
- Report: Apple to use digital queue system at stores for iPhone 6 launch
- iPhone 6 release delayed in China, pre-orders start 12:01AM PT (Update: Pre-order pickup option)
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010