Apps of the Week: Capo touch, Dino Dog, Minecraft 0.9 + more
Capo touch ($10) — Capo touch is a new iOS app based on Capo, the app featured today in our Mac section. The app, from SuperMegaUltraGroovy, teaches users how to play the songs in an iTunes library through automatic chord detection. Capo touch is currently on sale for $5, half off the regular price.
Care Bears Love to Learn (free) — Care Bears Love to Learn is a new learning app from American Greetings. Made for ages 5 and under, the app includes a number of activities featuring popular Care Bears. Kids can count with Share Bear, build shapes with Grumpy Bear, make music with Harmony Bear, and so forth.
Blackwell 1: Legacy ($2) — A graphic adventure game first released in 2006, Blackwell 1: Legacy from Wadjet Eye Games has been released on iOS. The point-and-click style game is released with its second and third installments, Blackwell 2: Unbound ($3) and Blackwell 3: Convergence ($3), which are both separate purchases.
Dino Dog ($3) — StoryToys is best known for their interactive pop-up books, but the developer has been toying with new features in their titles recently. Dino Dog is a game, in which children direct Dino Dog to dig for fossils and put together dinosaur bones. This is new territory for Story Toys, but it’s impressive, with great animation and plenty of voice work.
It’s made for ages 6-8, but slightly younger kids may enjoy it as well, as the gameplay is pretty basic.
Sonic Jump Fever (free) — Sega’s new Sonic game for iOS is a new sequel to Sonic Jump. Players start by controlling Tails as he jumps up through the course — you tilt the device to guide your character. Power-ups, double jumps, and other slight gameplay variations are included. The “Fever” in the title comes from a Fever mode which can be activated for a few seconds. It’s a simple game, but again, it’s free to play.
Minecraft - Pocket Edition ($7) — Mojang has released a much anticipated update for the iOS version of Minecraft, as version 0.9.0 brings infinite worlds to the game. The update has also added new blocks and items. Wolves have also joined the game, and a new “interaction” button has also been added.
MLB.com At Bat (free) — MLB.com At Bat from MLB.com has been updated in time for the upcoming MLB All-Star festivities. Version 7.3 of the app will let users stream the Home Run Derby and All-Star Futures Game live. Additionally, MLB.TV Premium subscribers will be able to watch a live stream of the 85th All-Star Game on Tuesday, July 15.
The Wolf Among Us ($5) — Telltale’s The Wolf Among Us has released its final episode — Cry Wolf. Like the game itself, the final episode in the graphic adventure series is $5.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?