Apps of the Week: Capo touch, Dino Dog, Minecraft 0.9 + more
Capo touch ($10) — Capo touch is a new iOS app based on Capo, the app featured today in our Mac section. The app, from SuperMegaUltraGroovy, teaches users how to play the songs in an iTunes library through automatic chord detection. Capo touch is currently on sale for $5, half off the regular price.
Care Bears Love to Learn (free) — Care Bears Love to Learn is a new learning app from American Greetings. Made for ages 5 and under, the app includes a number of activities featuring popular Care Bears. Kids can count with Share Bear, build shapes with Grumpy Bear, make music with Harmony Bear, and so forth.
Blackwell 1: Legacy ($2) — A graphic adventure game first released in 2006, Blackwell 1: Legacy from Wadjet Eye Games has been released on iOS. The point-and-click style game is released with its second and third installments, Blackwell 2: Unbound ($3) and Blackwell 3: Convergence ($3), which are both separate purchases.
Dino Dog ($3) — StoryToys is best known for their interactive pop-up books, but the developer has been toying with new features in their titles recently. Dino Dog is a game, in which children direct Dino Dog to dig for fossils and put together dinosaur bones. This is new territory for Story Toys, but it’s impressive, with great animation and plenty of voice work.
It’s made for ages 6-8, but slightly younger kids may enjoy it as well, as the gameplay is pretty basic.
Sonic Jump Fever (free) — Sega’s new Sonic game for iOS is a new sequel to Sonic Jump. Players start by controlling Tails as he jumps up through the course — you tilt the device to guide your character. Power-ups, double jumps, and other slight gameplay variations are included. The “Fever” in the title comes from a Fever mode which can be activated for a few seconds. It’s a simple game, but again, it’s free to play.
Minecraft - Pocket Edition ($7) — Mojang has released a much anticipated update for the iOS version of Minecraft, as version 0.9.0 brings infinite worlds to the game. The update has also added new blocks and items. Wolves have also joined the game, and a new “interaction” button has also been added.
MLB.com At Bat (free) — MLB.com At Bat from MLB.com has been updated in time for the upcoming MLB All-Star festivities. Version 7.3 of the app will let users stream the Home Run Derby and All-Star Futures Game live. Additionally, MLB.TV Premium subscribers will be able to watch a live stream of the 85th All-Star Game on Tuesday, July 15.
The Wolf Among Us ($5) — Telltale’s The Wolf Among Us has released its final episode — Cry Wolf. Like the game itself, the final episode in the graphic adventure series is $5.
- Apps of the Week: OmniFocus 2 for iPad, Transmit, Asphalt Overdrive + more
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: The Met, Iconic, Infinity Blade 1.4 + more
- The Room Three coming to iOS next spring
- Apple updates App Store Guidelines, reveals app rejection reasons
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Logitech debuts Type+ Keyboard for iPad Air
- Upcoming iPad Air to have gold color option
- Apple Q4 earnings call coming October 20
- European magazine gets blacklisted by Apple for posting “Bendgate” video
- “Reset All Settings” in iOS 8 may also erase iCloud Drive content
- Apple’s tax deal in Ireland may be illegal according to EU regulators
- Apple releases first iOS 8.1 beta to developers
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus hit China Oct. 17, pre-orders Oct. 10
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- Spigen Capsule, Neo Hybrid / EX / Metal + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6
- Griffin Survivor All-Terrain, Core, and Slim for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Griffin Identity, Reveal cases for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch