Ascendancy adds Ship Design improvements
The Logic Factory has released an update to the iOS version of its classic strategy game Ascendancy adding several significant improvements to the ship design features. A remake of the 1995 DOS game, Ascendancy for iOS is a 4X turn-based strategy game where players take on the role of one of twenty-one unique alien species vying for galactic domination. Players must expand and manage their empire through colonization and conquest, building starships and researching new technologies while balancing diplomacy and combat to succeed in leading their race to Ascendancy.
The latest update to the game adds a new Ship Design Library where users can save and load their own standard ship designs for re-use and access a variety of pre-made ship designs in different hull sizes. Ship designs can also now be automatically adjusted as new technologies are discovered in the game and players now receive in-game notifications when they have reached the maximum number of ships their empire can support and when they are able to build new ships. The starmap has also been improved to provide new information overlays for displaying resource production in each system and pulsing icons to notify the player of systems that require attention. The update also adds a number of other smaller user interface improvements and performance and bug fixes. Ascendancy is a universal app requiring iOS 4.1 or later and is available from the App Store for $5.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?