Ascendancy adds Ship Design improvements
The Logic Factory has released an update to the iOS version of its classic strategy game Ascendancy adding several significant improvements to the ship design features. A remake of the 1995 DOS game, Ascendancy for iOS is a 4X turn-based strategy game where players take on the role of one of twenty-one unique alien species vying for galactic domination. Players must expand and manage their empire through colonization and conquest, building starships and researching new technologies while balancing diplomacy and combat to succeed in leading their race to Ascendancy.
The latest update to the game adds a new Ship Design Library where users can save and load their own standard ship designs for re-use and access a variety of pre-made ship designs in different hull sizes. Ship designs can also now be automatically adjusted as new technologies are discovered in the game and players now receive in-game notifications when they have reached the maximum number of ships their empire can support and when they are able to build new ships. The starmap has also been improved to provide new information overlays for displaying resource production in each system and pulsing icons to notify the player of systems that require attention. The update also adds a number of other smaller user interface improvements and performance and bug fixes. Ascendancy is a universal app requiring iOS 4.1 or later and is available from the App Store for $5.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?