AT&T bringing iPhone 3G to Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands Oct. 17 | iLounge News

AT&T bringing iPhone 3G to Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands Oct. 17

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, September 30, 2008
News Categories: iPhone

AT&T has announced that it will begin selling the iPhone 3G in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands on October 17. Pricing will be the same as in the U.S. mainland, with the 8GB model available for $199 and 16GB $299 for new and upgrade-eligible customers; customers not eligible for the upgrade can purchase the 8GB for $399 or the 16GB model for $499. As before, each model will require a new two-year contract. “iPhone will arrive for AT&T customers in Puerto Rico on October 17,” said Jose Juan Davila, vice president and general manager of AT&T’s wireless operations in Puerto Rico. “AT&T is committed to offering the most innovative products and services to our customers, and we are pleased to be part of this great milestone in our market.” [via Mac User Boricua]

« ProClip unveils Tilt-Swivel Holder for iPhone 3G

Mix: iTunes HDTV, NIN Tap, Facebook, iNotes »

Comments

Finally… of course I had my 3G for a while now raspberry

At least my brother can buy it now.

Posted by zerock on September 30, 2008 at 2:37 PM (PDT)

I also got my iPhone 3G in mid-July during a trip to Seattle, and throughly enjoyed two months of exclusivity… but as zerock said, most of us that really wanted it, found a way of acquiring it state-side. Now we prepare for the masses to adopt it. At least I don’t have to let people down when I explain to them they can’t buy my phone locally.

Posted by Hector R. on September 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM (PDT)

This is one of the happiest days of my life. Thank you Apple for finally bringing iPhone to Puerto Rico. Now I can sell my 16gb iPod touch and buy iPhone 3G when it arrives in october the 17th. Wow, been waiting to read this news on iLounge forever.

Posted by Luis on September 30, 2008 at 4:36 PM (PDT)

Puerto Rico, Latvia, Lithuania etc and still not yet in Vermont!  No word yet to confirm if/when that will happen.  Bad enough AT&T;doesn’t appear to think that VT is part of the US, but last I checked it was still part of planet earth!

Posted by random person on October 1, 2008 at 8:24 AM (PDT)

I’m just so happy. I can’t stop coming around iLounge to read the same news article: iPhone available in Puerto Rico in October the 17th! It took more than a year for Apple to make the move, but now that they’ve done it, I can’t wait to wake up really early to pick up my new iPhone 3G, it’s so cool. My first phone will be better than my dad’s 25 ordinary cellphones put together.

Posted by Luis on October 1, 2008 at 12:56 PM (PDT)

Finally !
BTW : it’s coming to Puerto Rico on my birthday !
yess !  i hope my dad give me that present tomorrow !
that would be the second best present of my entire life !
that phone is soo cool ..

Posted by Milly Ann on October 16, 2008 at 10:12 AM (PDT)