AT&T CFO: Up to 75% of iPhone buyers will be new customers | iLounge News

AT&T CFO: Up to 75% of iPhone buyers will be new customers

Up to 75 percent of iPhone purchasers will be first-time AT&T wireless subscribers, AT&T Chief Financial Officer Rick Lindner said this week. “The majority of those customers, two-thirds to three-fourths, will be coming from outside of our current wireless customer base and that’s a good thing,” Lindner said during a speech at a Merrill Lynch conference. The iPhone is likely to draw more customers to AT&T stores “at the launch and throughout the rest of the year,” Lindner said. “Creating more traffic in the stores means more sales.” AT&T (formerly Cingular) will be the exclusive U.S. carrier of Apple’s iPhone when it launches in June.

« Forums Friday: Black Docks, Season Passes, HDD2

Mix: Apple COO, The Winner, Blockbuster, iPod mini drive »

Comments

I’m getting mine the first day they drop! Even though I have a 60 gb video iPod just the fact of having ONE item in your pocket does make more sense.

Posted by AZ on March 3, 2007 at 12:43 AM (CST)

Come for the iPhone, leave for the service.

Posted by m.s. on March 3, 2007 at 6:02 PM (CST)

Unfortunately…. You’d be stuck there for 2 years before you could leave…..

Posted by dj on March 4, 2007 at 10:02 AM (CST)

It’s a shame they chose AT&T?Cingular. I had them as my carrier for two years, and WILL never go back. I think it may have been a better decision to make the phone available to several carriers.

Posted by Tom on March 4, 2007 at 3:20 PM (CST)

Yes… but can those stores handle the extra traffic? The stores I have been to recently require you to take a number and wait before you can talk to a customer service person.

Posted by talon07 on March 5, 2007 at 8:17 AM (CST)

Not me. I will not give at&t any money no matter how cool the iphone is.

Posted by mstngo in New Jersey on March 5, 2007 at 10:32 AM (CST)

I almost think apple will make different versions of the iphone and give it to different carriers. maybe change the name a little bit iphone nano etc….

Posted by mstngo in New Jersey on March 5, 2007 at 10:33 AM (CST)

iPhone is a interesting concept. I need it to include BB than I am ready for it. -

Posted by AMG22 on March 5, 2007 at 1:15 PM (CST)