AT&T drops iPhone 3G refurb pricing; $49/8GB, $99/16GB | iLounge News

AT&T drops iPhone 3G refurb pricing; $49/8GB, $99/16GB

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, September 25, 2009
News Categories: iPhone

AT&T has announced that it has dropped prices on its stock of refurbished iPhone 3G units. 8GB iPhone 3G units are now available for $49, while 16GB models—available in black or white—are priced at $99. According to a post on AT&T’s Facebook page, the units are available in stores while supplies last; as with new iPhone 3Gs, the refurbished units require a two-year contract, and AT&T notes that all refurbished iPhones carry a warranty of 90 days or more and may have “minor scratches.”

« Last weekend to enter the B&W Zeppelin + Music Giveaway

Latest edition of iPodweek coming later today »

Comments

I just checked on this. One thing that should be noted is that the refurbished iphone’s will be taxed at the full retail price of the unit. The 8g has a $400 retail price and will taxed on that. So let buyer beware. The total amount will be higher than expected.

Posted by Paul M on September 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM (PDT)

That’s crazy, even if they’re going to tax you on the retail price, wouldn’t it be $400 for a new iPhone 3g, not a refurbished one? The value shouldn’t be the same.

Posted by DRTigerlilly on September 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM (PDT)

That is simply not true.  I ordered a refurb 8gb iPhone 3G for my wife and my total with tax was $54.

Posted by Rob on September 28, 2009 at 7:32 AM (PDT)

Hi Rob.
That’s great on purchasing the 8gig refurb. Where did you go to purchase the phone? Was it AT&T or another store? I’m still interested.

Posted by Paul M on September 28, 2009 at 3:18 PM (PDT)

I bought it through the AT&T Wireless website.  The 2 day FedEx delivery was free and took exactly 2 business days.

Posted by Rob on September 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM (PDT)

Rob,
Thank You for the information. I’ll be ordering one right now. This is so cool! I can finally get rid of my 2 year old 4gig iPhone.

Posted by Paul M on September 29, 2009 at 1:11 PM (PDT)

i’m waiting waiting for REFURBS of the iphone 3GS.  anybody have any insight as to when they might be available?  thanks

Posted by scott W on October 12, 2009 at 4:06 AM (PDT)

i can’t believe that AT&T can provde i phones on such a cheap rates,if it is true, then who’s gona buy it from somewhere else. can some1 explain me about that?

Posted by veerali on October 21, 2009 at 10:58 AM (PDT)