AT&T: No extra cost for iPhone MMS messaging | iLounge News

AT&T: No extra cost for iPhone MMS messaging

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, June 15, 2009
News Categories: iPhone

AT&T will not charge iPhone users with text messaging plans anything extra for MMS messages, according to a FAQ list (PDF Link) posted online. Support for MMS messaging will be included in iPhone OS 3.0, which is launching this Wednesday, June 17. Unfortunately, AT&T will not have its network ready to provide MMS service to iPhone users on that date, and has only said that the feature would be activated “later this summer.” In addition, the company has also committed to providing tethering support for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS, although it will only say the feature is coming “in the future.”

« BBC: Apple threatened to sour relations over report

Enter the iPWR SuperPack Giveaway today »

Comments

If you do not have a F***ing text plan you hould not even be able to use the wheel, Or at least be subject to just the first stone wheels.. Get with it people you have an “Iphone” but no text plan?? Cheap ### people suck

Posted by MiCHAEL ALLEGRINI on June 27, 2009 at 11:37 PM (PDT)

this double charging for messaging and data is horrendous,  we should let them know this is not acceptable.  this is the biggest racket i ve ever heard of.  I have been looking for a new phone and wanted a smart phone.  but i refuse to pay for data and then text messaging just by principle.  did you know that sms is carried on the same signal to the towers that shows you your signal strength, it costs them nothing

Posted by raub on July 25, 2009 at 12:21 PM (PDT)

I really am excited for the MMS coming but im being like so impatient is there any more word or a more a specific date when it will be coming and yeah I use to have verizon and I actually had a dead zone in my basement. WIth my Iphone I actually have great service. Before I Couldn’t even make phone calls. I guess its just your location that your in that affects your service/

Posted by Morgan Lee on August 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM (PDT)

I have called AT&T and APPLE Support. Why is it that NO ONE KNOWS WHEN AT&T WILL UNLEASH THIS? AT&T website says that it will be available LATE SUMMER. IT IS LATE SUMMER if you ask me. Does anyone know and will this be in an update or will it just automatically pop up on my phone?

Posted by dc on August 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM (PDT)

Apple has limited the text recipients to ONLY 9 with the new carrier update. NO MORE GROUP TEXTING and they don’t tell you anywhere!!! Beware if you have groups of people that you text to!!!!!

Posted by Wendy on September 27, 2009 at 11:13 AM (PDT)

As an Iphone user is there a way to circumvent AT&T ‘s text messaging plans ?As a paid data user what can be done?

Posted by Golden on November 12, 2009 at 8:20 AM (PDT)

I doubt that what ATT is saying is really “true”.  It may be true in a fine-print legal way, but I **seriously doubt** that it is “truthful”.  My neighbor feels that they were scammed by ATT and I think my neighbor was scammed by ATT.  I have every reason to believe that they have not changed their behavior and no reason to think they are “honest”.

Posted by Abe on March 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2