AT&T: No walk-in iPhone 4 units until June 29 | iLounge News

AT&T: No walk-in iPhone 4 units until June 29

AT&T has announced that it will not have any iPhone 4 inventory to sell on a first-come, first-serve basis until June 29, five full days after the device’s official launch on June 24. Customers who pre-ordered the device from AT&T online should have their device delivered this week, while customers who pre-ordered for store delivery should receive a call letting them know when their iPhone 4 is ready for pickup. As of June 29, AT&T will be offering the iPhone 4 on a first-come, first-serve basis, while supplies last, in its retail stores, on its website, and in business sales channels.

« Real Racing updated for iPhone 4, adds gyroscope controls

Users experiencing video playback issues with iTunes 9.2 »

Comments

Well, i guess i took off work on Thursday for nothing.  Maybe I’ll try Best Buy or Wal-Mart or, God-fordid, Radio Shack.  Very surprised by this, but, I guess i shouldn’t be.

Posted by thomas on June 22, 2010 at 1:30 PM (PDT)

Radio Shack probably won’t be much use either for walk-ins. I managed to secure a # for one of their limited reserved stock that day, but it only looks like they were able to accept 10 or so pre-orders.

Posted by Jason on June 22, 2010 at 1:43 PM (PDT)

radio shack told me i wouldn’t be getting my pre-order,
they’re getting less than they were promised.
i don’t know why they got involved in the first place,
clearly way out of their depth!

Posted by nick fletcher on June 22, 2010 at 4:19 PM (PDT)

So the release date isn’t July 14-15? I’m so confused.

Posted by Danielle Wagner on June 22, 2010 at 4:35 PM (PDT)

Well this really stinks I tried to pre-order we all know how that went. I call the local AT&T store and they tell sure you can wait in line for the iphone. we only have a limited supply so now I am not sure what to do.

Posted by Dave E on June 22, 2010 at 6:18 PM (PDT)

Bummer

Posted by b on June 22, 2010 at 10:19 PM (PDT)

Another epic fail from at&terrrible;.. cant wait 4 stevo 2 announce the next evolution of the iphone.. its release from at&t jail( via an escape clause written n2 the so called 5yr exclusive deal with at&t ) and its arrival on2 another network.. come on stevo throw tmobile a hail mary lol.. neway ill b lining up @ 12am next tues hoping 2 score a commitment free ip4 to use on edge ;^( but atleast with tmobile :^).. shout out 2 muscle nerd n the gang lol

Posted by luv iphone loathe at&t on June 22, 2010 at 10:27 PM (PDT)

thanxs for this useful information grin

Posted by john prise on June 22, 2010 at 11:39 PM (PDT)

#7 This isn’t an AT&T issue this is an Apple issue.
Radio Shack and Walmart and Best Buy all have the same type of issue as AT&T which is no stock.

Posted by Shameless1 on June 23, 2010 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

I’m quite upset.  On “Pre-Order” day I was down at Radio Shack @ 10:00 AM.  They would NOT, take pre-orders by phone.  I waited 4 hours while they attempted to get me a reservation number.  I finally got one.  Today I was told I will NOT get my pre-order tomorrow, because Apple is giving preference first to AT&T, then Best Buy, despite my having a valid pre-order rerservation.  I’m told I may not get my “pre-order” until 7/15 or later.  This sucks!  I waited hour after hour, followed all the steps, got my pre-order, and now won’t get it.  I’ll bet Radio Shack is just as upset over being considered a third rate partner/provider.  Please were shouting at the store manager over this.  He looked like he wanted to run away and hide.  Also, Radio Shacks trade-in program sucks!  since placing my pre-order, the value of my 3G 16MB has dropped considerably.  Each day that goes by without my iPhone 4 replacement in hand, the trade-in value drops.  By the time I do get it, I expect my 3G will have lost more than $100 in trade credit.  On pre-order day the value was $170.  Today it is less than $100 and dropping.

Posted by M Young on June 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM (PDT)

#9 while being technically right about this not being entirely at&ts; fault..  would u atleast agree with, at&t being the sole u.s. cell phone carrier of the ip4 and owning exclusive rights that they should or would have some kind of leverage with apple 2 atleast offer a limited supply on launch day 4 walk in purchases?!.. and don’t give me that 600,000 pre-orders exceeded expectations crap either.. bcuz with three iphone launches under their belts they should know all about the iphones cult like following and should have petititioned lobbied bribed? lol apple 4 a reserve supply gauranteed 4 launch day walk in customers, who didn’t have the time, patience, or desire to pre-order.. and how can u even mention radioshaq bestbuy and walmart having the same problem.. er uh that’s expected being they are only third party suppliers and most ppl buy em from their stores only as a last resort.. do u work 4 at&t or sumthn smh?!.. actually ur probably jus sittn up on ur high horse looking down at us peasants who didn’t successfully pre-order congratulations you’re better than me dws (dripping with sarcasm)

Posted by luv iphone loathe at&t on June 23, 2010 at 11:05 PM (PDT)

#11 Apple didn’t have enough Iphones ready to meet the demand or launch date that they set. Hell Apple is shipping new Iphones with out the screen protection film being all the way dried, how are either of these AT&T’s fault. I am no fanboy of AT&T and I can’t wait till another carrier can sell them I will pay to jump ship. I sold my Iphone 3GS on Tuesday before Apple said they would only fill pre-orders and I have a crappy flip phone right now because I didn’t pre-order. Walmart didn’t get the new Iphones in my area I have not checked with Bestbuy and Radioshack but I would bet not.
You are acting more like a troll with every post you. make

Posted by Shameless1 on June 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM (PDT)