AT&T offering refurb iPhone 3GS units online | iLounge News

AT&T offering refurb iPhone 3GS units online

AT&T is now offering refurbished iPhone 3GS units through its online store. Refurbished 16GB models are priced at $149, while 32GB units are selling for $249; both prices are with a two-year contract, and both white and black units are available. In the past, AT&T’s refurbished units have been listed with a notice that they include a warranty of 90 or more and may have “minor scratches.”

« Apple begins Black Friday sale

Black Friday iPod/iPhone deals round-up (Updated) »

Comments

Tried to buy an IPhone online.  After about 30 minutes I finally got to pricing and found 20% tax being charged!!!  Whats the deal with that???

Posted by robnorth on November 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM (PDT)

If I recall correctly, the tax is based on the full (unsubsidized) cost of the phone, not on the up-front cost, which is much lower. So this isn’t a 20% tax on $149 or $249; it’s a much lower percentage tax on the full cost of the phone, which is something like $500 or $600.

Posted by Dave Powell on November 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM (PDT)

I bought a 32gb GS today, and was charged 21.79 tax on 149….My local rate is 8.75….so I guess I paid tax on 249.00…..Wish I still lived in Oregon, no sales tax there!!....It’s still a rockin deal, and apparently I can sell my first gen iphone on ebay and recoup my costs..Yipppy!!

Posted by brenterino on November 27, 2009 at 7:38 PM (PDT)

BTW….the correct prices are $49 for 16gb and 149 for 32gb iphones….as of 6:45pm Pacific…2year contract w/ data plan required…

Posted by brenterino on November 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM (PDT)

So a quick question…if you buy a refurb you have to sign a 2 year contract but is it also the same 2 year restriction on handset upgrades as when you buy a brand new phone?

Posted by TosaDeac on November 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM (PDT)

I am planning to purchase the 16 GB iphone 3GS (Refurb). I am worried about these “scratches”. Also, how different is it from the new ones? What is the worst case scenario till now?

I was also wondering about the return policy within 30 days. Can I return this phone or probably exchange it for the newer one? Or at least another refurb one?

Posted by Bourne on December 1, 2009 at 3:10 AM (PDT)

I got mine that I ordered last Friday, Monday morning…it is as new, no scratches, shiny, etc. ....the interesting thing is the warranty is from the day that it was originally activated, for my iphone that was 9.24.09,so I practically have the full warranty.  You’ll have to check with ATT about returns, cuz I love this sucker, mines stayin in my sweaty little grabbers..LOL

Posted by brenterino on December 1, 2009 at 9:39 PM (PDT)