AT&T pushing direct fulfillment orders ahead of store restocking | iLounge News

AT&T pushing direct fulfillment orders ahead of store restocking

In an update to its website’s iPhone 3G press area, AT&T has revealed that it is currently using all its iPhone 3G supply to complete direct fulfillment orders, and will begin restocking its stores as soon as possible. “As we receive new inventory from Apple, we are shipping it out immediately to fill customers’ orders. We hope to begin re-stocking our stores as soon as we can, but first priority goes to those customers who purchased through direct fulfillment,” the company said. The page also states that as of July 23, “direct fulfillment customers are receiving their iPhone 3G, on average, 13 or 14 days following purchase.”

« Apple seeds iPhone OS 2.1 to devs, adds GPS, audio features

iPhone 3G unit-to-unit screen differences revealed »

Comments

This is true i’d say based off of my experience.

Ordered my 16GB 3G on Tuesday 7/22, it was shipped today, 7/24 and will arrive tomorrow, 7/25.  That’s fast!!

Posted by phatty on July 24, 2008 at 5:05 PM (CDT)

I ordered mine on 7/11 and had it in hand by 7/17. Four business days. I was pretty pleased.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on July 24, 2008 at 5:47 PM (CDT)

Ordered a black 8 gig on 7-18-08 and still back ordered. Hopefully iI will receive it later in the week.

Posted by Kid Coleco on July 24, 2008 at 7:34 PM (CDT)

I ordered mine (16GB Black) on the 14th and still nothing.

Posted by C.W. on July 24, 2008 at 8:14 PM (CDT)

Same situation here—Ordered on 7/22, shipped today, arriving before 3 p.m. tomorrow.  Hopefully they’ll have received it and I’ll be able to pick it up then.  We’ll see!

Posted by Chris on July 24, 2008 at 10:10 PM (CDT)

Ordered a 16GB Black on 7/18; Still on backorder. If you post your order fulfillment, please post the size/color you ordered. I suspect white ones are getting fulfilled quickest

Posted by MilMascaras on July 25, 2008 at 1:06 AM (CDT)

I ordered a white one on Tuesday, and had it in my hands 24 hours later (downtown Washington DC).

Posted by Scott on July 25, 2008 at 8:09 AM (CDT)

Still waiting…placed my order July 15th…...today is the 25th.

Posted by Luis IN Chicago on July 25, 2008 at 8:21 AM (CDT)

I got mine July 11th I waited in line and got it the same day. I love the phone!!!!! Somethings that I do not like is:

1. Battery does not last a full day.

2. The AT&T;plan is to much $$$$$$$ (even though I am paying it)

3. Being able to use the wide screen keyboard in native Apps.

4. Does not work with the Ipod integration hook up for the 2008 Scion XB (will play music but not charge)  :(:(:(

5. OTHER THEN THAT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Nathan In North Carolina on July 25, 2008 at 9:01 AM (CDT)

I too am still waiting. Ordered mine on the 15th. Website says ‘backordered’. Its 10 days out and nothing. I’ve seen posts by folks on other sites that say they can tell what number they are ‘in line’ but I have no idea how to find that out. Think I’ll stop by the store where I ordered it and see if I can find something out. I hope its worth the wait.

Posted by Dave in Daytona on July 25, 2008 at 10:38 AM (CDT)

ordered my black 8g 7/20, still back-ordered….wondering if i should have splurged the extra $100 for the 16g???

Posted by erica on July 25, 2008 at 7:50 PM (CDT)

I don’t understand why this is “news.” That’s how they’ve always done it, with the old iPhone as well as everything else they’ve ever sold. That’s the whole point of direct fulfillment, so that you’re guaranteed one as soon as there’s more stock.

Posted by a person on July 26, 2008 at 2:15 AM (CDT)

ordered 16 GB Black on 7/18. Still waiting.

Posted by jno on July 28, 2008 at 11:52 AM (CDT)

ordered my 16gb black on 7/13 and got it on 7/24

Posted by amanda on July 28, 2008 at 3:06 PM (CDT)

Me, my wife, and brother-in-law purchased the 8GB on 7/20 and are still waiting. The ATT site still states that the phone is on back order.

Posted by shane on July 29, 2008 at 8:32 AM (CDT)

I ordered a black 16GB through my company’s ATT Premier Business account on 7/21.  On 7/24 I called to check on my order and I was told there were over 64000 on back order.

Posted by greg on July 30, 2008 at 1:31 PM (CDT)

I ordered mine on July 31st and the only change i saw was tha it was on Back Order for about 3 days, then yesterday night the phone was taken off Back Order, and today its back on. What the???? Ive used other order numbers (im number 52 in my city to get it) and so far im number 6 in line. (Numbers 1 - 46 already got thiers). So I hope it ships tomorrow because im seeing that they ship 9-10 days here in EAgle Pass, Texas.

S

Posted by Omar on August 5, 2008 at 1:02 PM (CDT)