AT&T to let pre-order iPad 3G customers sign up for unlimited data? (Updated)
AT&T is considering letting customers who have pre-ordered an iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G sign up for an unlimited data plan. The New York Times reports that AT&T is contemplating the move in the face of widespread iPad shortages that may leave some customers interested in the unlimited data plan unable to sign up prior to the data plan switch over on Monday. “We are looking into this situation and how we can accommodate these customers,” an AT&T spokesperson told the NYT. According to the report, AT&T would allow customers who have paid for, but not yet received, an iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G to sign up for unlimited data ahead of when the device actually arrives; until such a solution is announced, iPad users have until 11:59 on June 6 to sign up for unlimited data, which will then need to be automatically renewed each month in order to not fall back on the company’s new data plans, which max out at 2GB for $25 a month.
Update: AT&T has confirmed that customers who pre-order the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G by June 7 will be eligible for the $30 unlimited plan. “[N]o need to worry,” a company spokesperson wrote on AT&T’s Facebook Wall, “we will honor the $29.99 unlimited data pricing for customers who order iPad by June 7.”
- Apple provides iPads to 114 schools through ConnectED program
- Rumors: ‘iPad Pro’ found in data logs, to enter production in coming months
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1, iTunes 12.2.2
- Apple increases iPad business focus, partners with 40+ companies
- El Capitan file hints at split-screen apps on iPad mini 4
- Report: iPhone 6S Force Touch to focus on shortcuts
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?