AT&T, Verizon trade barbs over iPhone | iLounge News

AT&T, Verizon trade barbs over iPhone

AT&T has responded to the formal announcement of the CDMA-compliant iPhone 4 for Verizon Wireless, which has also issued a response to AT&T’s statement. Speaking with the Washington Post, AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel downplayed the announcement, saying, “For iPhone users who want the fastest speeds, the ability to talk and use apps at the same time and unsurpassed global coverage, the only choice is AT&T.” Verizon responded to AT&T’s statement with a scathing response of its own. “The AT&T network can’t handle AT&T calls,” said Verizon Wireless spokesman Jeffrey Nelson. “AT&T iPhone customers should come on over. We have built a network that will ensure their calls go through. What a nice change for iPhone lovers.” The back-and-forth statements are only the beginning of what is likely to be a hard-fought battle between the two carriers over U.S. iPhone customers.

« Report: Apple to launch CDMA iPad on Verizon

Verizon iPhone FAQ reveals no-contract purchase option »

Comments

Nerd Fight!! Nerd Fight!!!! wooo!

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 11, 2011 at 2:41 PM (CST)

Thank you BoonsFarm.  Who drinks that past college?  And are you drunk right now?

On to the point. Oh JOY! More misleading information and petty advertising.  Maybe we need to get Randall L. Stephenson and Ivan Seidenberg to say at the end of each add “I’m _____ ______, and I approve this message”. Just like the political adds.

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM (CST)

But Verizon, what if I have to go overseas? DOH!

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 11, 2011 at 3:44 PM (CST)

Let’s see who will modify their plan packages first ;) ... unlimited everything for $69.99 is the goal here.

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 11, 2011 at 3:58 PM (CST)

hooray for iPhone competition! suck it AT&T; it’s long overdue!

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM (CST)

Finally maybe us consumers will win! Duke it out boys! Bam - AT&T offers IPhone tethering! Zap - Verizon offers unlimited usage!! Kazzzang - Unlimited everything and we pay you!!!!!

I have AT&T and Verizon, they are both pretty equal in my world. I jailbreak so I can’t see any reason to switch, so I’m just hoping this is a great example of capitalism!!

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 11, 2011 at 5:10 PM (CST)

YAWWWWNNNnnnn…..

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 11, 2011 at 6:21 PM (CST)

AT&T punches….Verizon counters….AT&T plans how to punch back.  All the while Apple benefits.  You couldn’t ask for a better outcome from Apple’s perspective.

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 11, 2011 at 10:11 PM (CST)

ATT Global Plans are great!  I’m in the UK 4 times a year and I can’t spend 2 weeks in the UK without a $1000 bill from ATT.  I just bought a second iPhone from o2.  Eat a dick ATT

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 11, 2011 at 11:55 PM (CST)

AT&T: screw you verizon
Verizon: oh but it is you who is screwed
AT&T: on guard!
Verizon:Have aT you!
AT&T:you fight like my sister!
Verizon:I fought your sister, thats a compliment!

Steve jobs: kick ass

Posted by Charles Starrett on January 13, 2011 at 1:26 AM (CST)