Audible: Free month trial and more for new iPod owners
Audible has announced support for all new iPod models and is offering free a month free trial membership to AudibleListener which includes either one audiobook and one 1-month subscription, or two audiobooks.
AUDIBLE.COM AUDIO SERVICE NOW AVAILABLE TO ALL USERS OF APPLE’S NEW iPODS
Users of Apple’s New iPods Have Access to Audible.com’s
34,000 Hours of Downloadable Audiobooks,
Audio Editions of Periodicals and More
Wayne, NJ, May 9, 2003—Audible, Inc. (OTC BB: ADBL) today announced that its industry leading spoken audio service, Audible.com(R), is now available to all users of Apple’s new ultra-portable iPod digital audio players. Audible.com is the leading provider of downloadable spoken audio that informs and entertains anywhere and at anytime with audio editions of books, newspapers, magazines, radio programs and original shows.
New iPod users will receive a free one-month trial of AudibleListener(TM), which includes either one audiobook and one 1-month subscription, or two audiobooks. Normally, these AudibleListener plans are priced respectively at $14.95 and $19.95 per month.
The new iPods are available in three models: 10 GB, 15 GB and 30 GB configurations. The 30 GB iPod can play up to 6,650 hours of Audible’s audiobooks and other spoken word audio titles and subscriptions, which range from audio editions of The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times to Forbes and Scientific American, public radio’s Marketplace and This American Life to original shows such as RobinWilliams @ audible.com and In Bed with Susie Bright.
“As our tremendous number of current iPod customers can confirm, the iPod is an amazing audio device,” said Robert Kramer, President, Audible, Inc. “We are very pleased to extend the Audible.com listening experience to Mac and Windows users of the next generation iPods.”
Audible.com, recently named the best consumer service on the Internet by CNet.com (April 2003), and one of the “Best of Today’s Web” by PC World (August 2002) features daily audio editions of The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times—available on a subscription basis in time for the morning drive to work each day—as well as Forbes, Harvard Management Update, Scientific American and Fast Company. The site offers a powerful collection of audiobook best sellers and classics by authors such as Tom Clancy, Stephen King, John Grisham, Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson, the Dalai Lama, David McCullough, Stephen Hawking, William Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson and Jane Austen. There are also speeches, lectures, and on-demand radio programs including Marketplace, All Things Considered, Car Talk, Fresh Air, and This American Life; and original shows such as RobinWilliams @ audible.com.
About Audible, Inc.
Audible(R) (www.audible.com(R)) is the Internet’s largest, most diverse provider of premium spoken audio services for content download and playback on personal computers, CD or AudibleReady(R) computer-based mobile devices. Audible has more than 34,000 hours of audio programs and 135 content partners that include leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers and business information providers. Audible.com is Amazon.com’s (www.amazon.com) exclusive provider of spoken word products for downloading or streaming via the Web. Additionally, the Company is strategically aligned with Random House, Inc., to pioneer the first-ever imprint to produce spoken word content specifically suited for digital distribution, Random House Audible. Among the Company’s key business partners are Apple, Casio Inc., Handspring, Hewlett-Packard Company, Microsoft Corporation, Palm, Inc., Royal Philips Electronics, RealNetworks, Inc., Sony Electronics, Texas Instruments and VoiceAge Corp.
Audible, www.audible.com, and AudibleReady are registered trademarks of Audible, Inc.; AudibleListener and Otis are trademarks of Audible, Inc. and all are part of the family of Audible, Inc. trademarks.
Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Target offering $50 discount on iPhone 4, 4S
- Apple offering refurbished iPads for $299 and up
- Best Buy offering iPhone 3GS free with contract
- CEA offers discount on Tech Enthusiast membership
- Sam’s Club stores offering iPhone 4 for $147 this week? (Updated)
- Apple TV available through Dec. 16 for $80
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple releases iOS 10.3.2 beta to developers
- Rumor: Apple may add cellular capability to next Apple Watch, create USB-C/Lightning hybrid
- Urbanears launches new lineup of Wi-Fi Connected Speakers
- Apple adds ability for developers respond to apps reviews, tweaks in-app rating prompt rules
- Report: 10.5” iPad Pro could still arrive this spring
- Apple’s Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps gain Touch ID support, other improvements
- Apple releases tvOS 10.2 and Apple TV Remote for iPad
- Apple releases watchOS 3.2, featuring Theater Mode, SiriKit
- Apple releases iOS 10.3 with Find My AirPods, Siri + CarPlay improvements
- Wells Fargo rolling out ability to use Apple Pay for transactions at some ATMs later this year
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10