Audible: Free month trial and more for new iPod owners
Audible has announced support for all new iPod models and is offering free a month free trial membership to AudibleListener which includes either one audiobook and one 1-month subscription, or two audiobooks.
AUDIBLE.COM AUDIO SERVICE NOW AVAILABLE TO ALL USERS OF APPLE’S NEW iPODS
Users of Apple’s New iPods Have Access to Audible.com’s
34,000 Hours of Downloadable Audiobooks,
Audio Editions of Periodicals and More
Wayne, NJ, May 9, 2003—Audible, Inc. (OTC BB: ADBL) today announced that its industry leading spoken audio service, Audible.com(R), is now available to all users of Apple’s new ultra-portable iPod digital audio players. Audible.com is the leading provider of downloadable spoken audio that informs and entertains anywhere and at anytime with audio editions of books, newspapers, magazines, radio programs and original shows.
New iPod users will receive a free one-month trial of AudibleListener(TM), which includes either one audiobook and one 1-month subscription, or two audiobooks. Normally, these AudibleListener plans are priced respectively at $14.95 and $19.95 per month.
The new iPods are available in three models: 10 GB, 15 GB and 30 GB configurations. The 30 GB iPod can play up to 6,650 hours of Audible’s audiobooks and other spoken word audio titles and subscriptions, which range from audio editions of The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times to Forbes and Scientific American, public radio’s Marketplace and This American Life to original shows such as RobinWilliams @ audible.com and In Bed with Susie Bright.
“As our tremendous number of current iPod customers can confirm, the iPod is an amazing audio device,” said Robert Kramer, President, Audible, Inc. “We are very pleased to extend the Audible.com listening experience to Mac and Windows users of the next generation iPods.”
Audible.com, recently named the best consumer service on the Internet by CNet.com (April 2003), and one of the “Best of Today’s Web” by PC World (August 2002) features daily audio editions of The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times—available on a subscription basis in time for the morning drive to work each day—as well as Forbes, Harvard Management Update, Scientific American and Fast Company. The site offers a powerful collection of audiobook best sellers and classics by authors such as Tom Clancy, Stephen King, John Grisham, Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson, the Dalai Lama, David McCullough, Stephen Hawking, William Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson and Jane Austen. There are also speeches, lectures, and on-demand radio programs including Marketplace, All Things Considered, Car Talk, Fresh Air, and This American Life; and original shows such as RobinWilliams @ audible.com.
About Audible, Inc.
Audible(R) (www.audible.com(R)) is the Internet’s largest, most diverse provider of premium spoken audio services for content download and playback on personal computers, CD or AudibleReady(R) computer-based mobile devices. Audible has more than 34,000 hours of audio programs and 135 content partners that include leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers and business information providers. Audible.com is Amazon.com’s (www.amazon.com) exclusive provider of spoken word products for downloading or streaming via the Web. Additionally, the Company is strategically aligned with Random House, Inc., to pioneer the first-ever imprint to produce spoken word content specifically suited for digital distribution, Random House Audible. Among the Company’s key business partners are Apple, Casio Inc., Handspring, Hewlett-Packard Company, Microsoft Corporation, Palm, Inc., Royal Philips Electronics, RealNetworks, Inc., Sony Electronics, Texas Instruments and VoiceAge Corp.
Audible, www.audible.com, and AudibleReady are registered trademarks of Audible, Inc.; AudibleListener and Otis are trademarks of Audible, Inc. and all are part of the family of Audible, Inc. trademarks.
Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Target offering $50 discount on iPhone 4, 4S
- Apple offering refurbished iPads for $299 and up
- Best Buy offering iPhone 3GS free with contract
- CEA offers discount on Tech Enthusiast membership
- Sam’s Club stores offering iPhone 4 for $147 this week? (Updated)
- Apple TV available through Dec. 16 for $80
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0