Audible: Free month trial and more for new iPod owners
Audible has announced support for all new iPod models and is offering free a month free trial membership to AudibleListener which includes either one audiobook and one 1-month subscription, or two audiobooks.
AUDIBLE.COM AUDIO SERVICE NOW AVAILABLE TO ALL USERS OF APPLE’S NEW iPODS
Users of Apple’s New iPods Have Access to Audible.com’s
34,000 Hours of Downloadable Audiobooks,
Audio Editions of Periodicals and More
Wayne, NJ, May 9, 2003—Audible, Inc. (OTC BB: ADBL) today announced that its industry leading spoken audio service, Audible.com(R), is now available to all users of Apple’s new ultra-portable iPod digital audio players. Audible.com is the leading provider of downloadable spoken audio that informs and entertains anywhere and at anytime with audio editions of books, newspapers, magazines, radio programs and original shows.
New iPod users will receive a free one-month trial of AudibleListener(TM), which includes either one audiobook and one 1-month subscription, or two audiobooks. Normally, these AudibleListener plans are priced respectively at $14.95 and $19.95 per month.
The new iPods are available in three models: 10 GB, 15 GB and 30 GB configurations. The 30 GB iPod can play up to 6,650 hours of Audible’s audiobooks and other spoken word audio titles and subscriptions, which range from audio editions of The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times to Forbes and Scientific American, public radio’s Marketplace and This American Life to original shows such as RobinWilliams @ audible.com and In Bed with Susie Bright.
“As our tremendous number of current iPod customers can confirm, the iPod is an amazing audio device,” said Robert Kramer, President, Audible, Inc. “We are very pleased to extend the Audible.com listening experience to Mac and Windows users of the next generation iPods.”
Audible.com, recently named the best consumer service on the Internet by CNet.com (April 2003), and one of the “Best of Today’s Web” by PC World (August 2002) features daily audio editions of The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times—available on a subscription basis in time for the morning drive to work each day—as well as Forbes, Harvard Management Update, Scientific American and Fast Company. The site offers a powerful collection of audiobook best sellers and classics by authors such as Tom Clancy, Stephen King, John Grisham, Mary Higgins Clark, James Patterson, the Dalai Lama, David McCullough, Stephen Hawking, William Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson and Jane Austen. There are also speeches, lectures, and on-demand radio programs including Marketplace, All Things Considered, Car Talk, Fresh Air, and This American Life; and original shows such as RobinWilliams @ audible.com.
About Audible, Inc.
Audible(R) (www.audible.com(R)) is the Internet’s largest, most diverse provider of premium spoken audio services for content download and playback on personal computers, CD or AudibleReady(R) computer-based mobile devices. Audible has more than 34,000 hours of audio programs and 135 content partners that include leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers and business information providers. Audible.com is Amazon.com’s (www.amazon.com) exclusive provider of spoken word products for downloading or streaming via the Web. Additionally, the Company is strategically aligned with Random House, Inc., to pioneer the first-ever imprint to produce spoken word content specifically suited for digital distribution, Random House Audible. Among the Company’s key business partners are Apple, Casio Inc., Handspring, Hewlett-Packard Company, Microsoft Corporation, Palm, Inc., Royal Philips Electronics, RealNetworks, Inc., Sony Electronics, Texas Instruments and VoiceAge Corp.
Audible, www.audible.com, and AudibleReady are registered trademarks of Audible, Inc.; AudibleListener and Otis are trademarks of Audible, Inc. and all are part of the family of Audible, Inc. trademarks.
Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Target offering $50 discount on iPhone 4, 4S
- Apple offering refurbished iPads for $299 and up
- Best Buy offering iPhone 3GS free with contract
- CEA offers discount on Tech Enthusiast membership
- Sam’s Club stores offering iPhone 4 for $147 this week? (Updated)
- Apple TV available through Dec. 16 for $80
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac