Audible User’s Guide for iPod | iLounge News

Audible User’s Guide for iPod

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, October 27, 2003
Site News Categories:

iLounger ‘parannoya’ has written the Audible User’s Guide for iPod. In it he gives an overview of Audible.com, explains file formats, software for using Audible on iPod, importing/transferring Audible files and more.

Read the article

« Updated: Belkin responds to Media Reader file transfer issue

LCD Remote for iPod? »

Comments

Thanks for the great guide…..very helpfull!

Posted by Chris Rogers on October 27, 2003 at 4:05 PM (PDT)

Wonder why 1G & 2G iPods don’t support the section markers? Just another case of the Apple &*($)# early adopters?

Posted by bsoplinger on October 27, 2003 at 11:11 PM (PDT)

Ya.  They shouldn’t improve the platform or anything.  Should have stayed with 1G functionality the WHOLE way through the life of the product.

Posted by Cadilon on October 29, 2003 at 11:57 AM (PDT)

Ever forwards.  Apple doesn’t have huge influxes of money it can spend on updating old equipment.  If it tried to do so then we’d still be using the ‘040 processors.  Yeah, it sucks having a g1 but those of us on the bleeding edge have gotten used to it.  Those of you just now getting cut will learn to live without or wait several years to adopt the tech.  Being stung by Apple is nothing new.  Same with Microsoft, same with Chevrolet, same with almost every company.

Quit yer whining and sell your iPod on ebay and go buy a newer one.  Personally I’m buying 2 G1 and 1 G2 iPods to give as presents.  Not to everyone on my list but to my nieces and nephew they don’t care.

Serena the #####

PS: Yes, my real email but respond here.

Posted by Serena on October 30, 2003 at 8:29 AM (PDT)

Actually it’s not hard at all and what extra effort is needed to ensure firmware upgrades do not work?  Write a subroutine to a menu button that doesn’t exist?  That takes up a lot of time?

Nah, keeping up software to be compatible with older programs gave us the wonderfully excellent 640k barrier in the PCs.  I have an old mac clone running OS 7.6 and it’s doing just fine.  Do I expect Apple to keep OS 8&9 compatible with that machine at the expense of the machines and CPUs we now have?

I’m not rich by any standard but I do want apple to win as much as possible because I enjoy working with it.  I’m not going to donate money to them but if making the best equipment isn’t such a bad thing to me.  So I upgrade my hardware every couple years.  Do it with my car.  Do it with my Palm.  Do it with my vibrat….er ignore that last one wink

As for keeping the enviroment safe go buy a Prius and feel good that not only are you polluting less but you’re also saving money on gas.

Serena

Posted by Serena on October 30, 2003 at 3:28 PM (PDT)

serena,

the 640k barrier on the PCs lasted for about 10 years, of which for 5 years it was not even approached (remember those 128-256-512KB IBM PCs?).

My 2G iPod lasted a total of 6 months.

Now, is it fair to ask who is more visionary (as defined through the length of endurance of their ideas) Bill Gates or Steve Jobs?

Posted by pbox on November 3, 2003 at 11:16 AM (PDT)

The Gate/Jobs thing *again?* Sigh. Cows go moo.

It’s a repetitive voicing…

Posted by Ranger on November 12, 2003 at 10:04 AM (PDT)

Chris, thanks for the kind words.

As for the rest of you…

None of this has anything to do with the Audible for iPod guide, so how about carrying it over to a more appropriate venue over on the forums.

raspberry

Posted by Parannoya on November 12, 2003 at 7:51 PM (PDT)