AudioBerkman releases “The Gadget Factor” | iLounge News

AudioBerkman releases “The Gadget Factor”

“Don’t let its size deceive you—this sleek little gadget is shaking the foundations of the digital media debate.

Comments

You know, I thought that this article would be about reasons why she thought the IPOD was not as good as other players on the market or a comparison or something else useful. Instead, it is this woman just bitching about why she hates IPODs. I mean she does say that she thought they were entirely too expensive which I understand, but the people that have them get attached to them and this effects her life how? She tries to come of clever, cool and smug in her article but it fails miserably. No one has forced an IPOD on her. She can do what she wants. I suppose this includes writing that article but I feel it was an entire waste of space…

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 9, 2004 at 4:24 PM (CST)

I think you meant to comment on the news item “How the ‘other half’ live (without iPod)” ?? Please do so and I’ll delete your comments from this news item.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 9, 2004 at 5:17 PM (CST)

Finally, a piece that points out the ridiculousness of the hooplah over legal downloads. The lawyer for the EFF pointed out the painfully obvious… it would cost thousands of dollars to fill an iPod legally. That’s obviously not a sustainable business model.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 9, 2004 at 5:36 PM (CST)

If you remember, not ALL music online is only legal if you buy it. Plus there’s the people with CD collections from earlier.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 9, 2004 at 6:34 PM (CST)

Kauffee I see your point but i think Caleb is right. It also depends how you encode your music. I mean it’s very easy to fill a 40 GB iPod with uncompressed wav songs.

That’s like what.. 65 CDs? (40GB / 600MB per CD)

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 9, 2004 at 9:29 PM (CST)

Where does Fred get his figures? I mean by my calculations, 10,000 songs at .99

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 9, 2004 at 11:06 PM (CST)

I hear you paboy. I got 300 CDs throuout the years as well.

Add to that the CDs I borrowed from my friends (far use or “gray” area under the law) and ripped.

I dont really have any illegally downloaded songs…  And I could fill up about 10 of those 40GB ipods with uncompressed audio. It cost me average $25-$30 per month for the past 10 years.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 10, 2004 at 12:59 AM (CST)

Yeah, I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all to figure people will be filling up 40GB iPods. I’m not a huge music fan but I still have around 400 CD’s thatt I’ve collected over the years. I’ve ripped most of them to my iPod and it’s taking up nearly 20GB. I had a roommate that is a huge music fan and he easily had twice my CD collection. Probably more like 3 or 4 times the size. So, he probably could fill 2 40GB iPods. Also, I got the 40GB iPod so I could also use it to store non-music files as well. It works great to transfer files between home and office.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 10, 2004 at 5:52 AM (CST)