AudioOutfitters announces earPod | iLounge News

AudioOutfitters announces earPod

picAudioOutfitters has announced the earPod storage device for iPod earphones. The earPod features a felt-padded compartment, a spool for wrapping the cable around, a slot for feeding the cable through, a place to clip the iPod Remote Control on either side, and comes with the eClip for clipping to belt, pocket, etc. The earPod will be available at the end of July 2004 for $11.99. You can reserve your earPod without payment at the website.

« iPod mini worldwide July 24, iTunes EU hits 1.5m

iPodworld magazine coming soon »

Comments

seems simplistic, but I know for me it will be an absolute help. the one flaw in my ipod world is that pain in the behind tangled mess that my 71’s get into.

and I’m sorry, a little gray box and a little cloth bag don’t do the trick.

Posted by mvague on July 7, 2004 at 8:11 AM (CDT)

It’s a piece of molded plastic.  It’s $12.  If I start a business that manufactures Mac-related accoutrements at REASONABLE prices, will I be a millionaire?

Posted by danielo on July 7, 2004 at 9:11 AM (CDT)

I participated in the development by filling out at least a dozen surveys on this product during the design phase.  I was assured from the onset that all who participated would get a set in return for participation.  What did I get for answering multiple pages (3-4)  of numerous surveys (6 or 7) and providing feedback on product design?

NADA.  Nothing.  Not even a thank you.  I wasn’t even informed when the product was complete.  It was all a total waste of my time and effort.

Posted by MadAtAudioOutfitters on July 7, 2004 at 11:17 AM (CDT)

Yeah, count me out on this as well.  I filled out the initial survey and was included on the next round of ~700 users asked to fill out another survey.

Was promised that more questions would be sent, and they would keep us “posted”.  This was back in February.

Today is the first I have heard of this company since then.  Breaking promises to the people you depended on to develop your product is not the greatest way to get started.

Posted by huggies on July 7, 2004 at 1:29 PM (CDT)

MadAtAudioOutfitters-

Yeah, I participated up through the fifth survey.  If they had promised me something great from the outset, I would’ve kept it up.  But after pages and pages of surveys I realized the coolest thing I MIGHT get is a crappy plastic spool, so I just ignored them and they left me alone.

Posted by Jeremy on July 7, 2004 at 4:08 PM (CDT)

I never made it past the first survey. Lucky me.

Posted by Yo on July 7, 2004 at 5:05 PM (CDT)

I also participated and never heard anything. I’ve tried e-mailing them but the first time I didn’t hear back and the other day, when I tried again, it came back “undeliverable.” So, thanks but no thanks. Audio Outfitters, you blow.

Posted by grubesteak in Lawrence, KS on July 7, 2004 at 7:16 PM (CDT)

Well, no survey here… I just discovered I literally live within a mile or so of this business.. Want me to knock a few heads?

Actually, I really want this thing, tho I agree, 12 bucks is bit steep… I miss the wind up case my old sony buds had…

Posted by livesnearAudioOutfitters on July 7, 2004 at 9:21 PM (CDT)

I’ve got the perfect way of storing the iPod earbuds.  Throw them out and get some proper earphones.

Posted by Fenn on July 8, 2004 at 2:34 AM (CDT)

I was a part of the survey too.  Got about 3 questionnaires and then they stopped coming.  Maybe my SPAM filter trapped them…don’t really care.

Posted by Mr Strat on July 8, 2004 at 8:38 AM (CDT)

There’s always using an ALTOIDS container for yours buds….

Posted by ALTHERE on July 8, 2004 at 9:30 AM (CDT)

Thank you for all of your comments.  A number of you participated in our market research and it is greatly appreciated.  I hope all that participated knows that we truly appreciate your participation and help designing this product.  I know we thanked everyone

Posted by Audio on July 8, 2004 at 10:36 AM (CDT)

Thank you for all of your comments. A number of you participated in our market research and it is greatly appreciated. I hope all that participated knows that we truly appreciate your participation and help designing this product. I know we thanked everyone at every step of the way.  I am sorry that some people feel that they did not get to participate in later stages.  All of your feedback contributed to a better product.

Although the earPod is not a “HighTech” product, there were subtle changes made along the way that allows the product to meet the needs of iPod users.  75% of the original responses indicated that they had problems with tangling wires.

For those who participated in the market research.  You will be receiving emails with a deep discounted price if you wish to purchase an earPod.  It is our way of thanking all of you for your assistance.  Thank you.

AudioOutfitters, LLC

Posted by AudioOutfitters, LLC on July 8, 2004 at 10:42 AM (CDT)

Obviously, you did NOT thank everyone Audio…

I’m with ALTHERE - use an Altoids tin.  I use the Altoids chewing gum tin. It’s smaller and a perfect fit for the earbuds.

Posted by Rengirl on July 8, 2004 at 10:42 AM (CDT)

Every message sent to every user indicated

“Thank you in advance for your support.”

If we missed anybody, then we Thank you greatly for any assistance you provided us.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

AudioOutfitters, LLC

Posted by AudioOutfitters, LLC on July 8, 2004 at 10:48 AM (CDT)

Just got this email:

“From: “Charlie Bernstein” <[email protected]
To: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Subject: AudioOutfitters,_LLC_Introduces_the_Original_earPodT
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:29:44 -0600

Thank you all for your participation or interest in the development of this product.  Your efforts truly improved the product design.  We will be sending you information how you may get your earPod at a greatly reduced rate, so that you can enjoy the benefits of your input and tangle free earphones.  Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Charlie Bernstein
AudioOutfitters, LLC”

Posted by kjlester on July 8, 2004 at 12:04 PM (CDT)

I got that e-mail as well. What a bunch of crap. Basically, they were willing to lie to get their market research. I still have the e-mails and documents saying that we’d get to 1. Try out an actual product and 2.) Get to keep the product after the beta testing was finished.

I feel used and lied to. Audio Outfitters blows the big one. Argh I’m so ticked off.

Posted by iPod, do you? in Lawrence, KS on July 8, 2004 at 12:29 PM (CDT)

I think its a pretty cool product, and certainly useful.  I got the email today, after I had filled out one of the surveys for the market research phase back in February.  I look forward to buying one and seeing what it is really like.  Thanks AudioOutfitters!

Posted by MacFanatic90 on July 8, 2004 at 12:37 PM (CDT)

Yes I also just recieved this email, which is kind of silly since all I did was fill out one survey.  Some people claim they filled out several.

Posted by IpodforLife on July 8, 2004 at 1:13 PM (CDT)

IpodforLife, I did fill out several. I even had to fax one back. This company obviously wasn’t very organized when the did the “survey.”

Posted by iPod, do you? in Lawrence, KS on July 8, 2004 at 1:32 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >