Audiopress delivers an integrated spoken audio digest
Audiopress has released a new iPhone and iPod touch application designed to allow commuters and other users who are frequently on the go to access a range of spoken audio content from within a single application. The Audiopress application aggregates content such as podcasts, radio, and spoken AudioArticles from the Associated Press, and users can also create customized text-to-speech updates for local weather forecasts, personal stock reports, sports scores and traffic reports. The application allows users to create playlists to build their own custom audio news feeds by choosing the order in which they want to listen to different feeds and specifying timing parameters for when and how long they want to listen to each source. Audiopress will automatically update its library over-the-air with the newest content, skipping articles that have already been heard and prioritizing the latest episodes of each show. The application includes a catalog of popular podcasts as well as the ability to import other podcasts directly from iTunes and a radio catalog of hundreds of stations. AudioArticles news content is currently limited to the Associated Press although there are plans to add additional media partners in the future. Audiopress is available from the U.S. App Store as a free download.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?