Awareness update lowers price, adds new optional features
Essency has released an update to Awareness The Headphone App bringing several new add-on features available via in-app purchase. Designed to improve safety for pedestrians and cyclists listening to music via sound-isolating headphones, Awareness allows users to remain aware of external sounds such as warnings, shouts or even normal conversations using the device’s built-in microphone. Outside sounds are mixed in with whatever music is currently playing based on automatic or user-specified external sound levels ensuring that users can hear others speaking to them or important warnings such as alarms or car horns. With the release of version 2.1 the price of the application has been reduced to $1 with a number of additional features available separately as $1 in-app purchases. Optional features include AutoPause which automatically pauses audio playback when outside noise exceeds a certain threshold, AutoSet which automatically adjusts thresholds based on normal background noise, ClearVoice to improve speech quality and a dB Noise Meter to provide a visual measurement of ambient noise. Version 2.1 also adds the ability to duck music volume levels and vibrate the iPhone when the external mic is triggered. Awareness requires an iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, third- or fourth-generation iPod touch or iPad running iOS 4.1 or later. Version 2.1 is available from the App Store for $1 and is a free update for existing users. Current users will also receive all in-app purchases free upon upgrade provided a copy of the previous version of Awareness is already installed on their device.
- Google Photos, Korg iM1, Moleskine Timepage, AmpliTube 4.0, Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator for iPhone
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple Store, Asphalt 8, Magnetized, PCalc
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?