Awareness update lowers price, adds new optional features
Essency has released an update to Awareness The Headphone App bringing several new add-on features available via in-app purchase. Designed to improve safety for pedestrians and cyclists listening to music via sound-isolating headphones, Awareness allows users to remain aware of external sounds such as warnings, shouts or even normal conversations using the device’s built-in microphone. Outside sounds are mixed in with whatever music is currently playing based on automatic or user-specified external sound levels ensuring that users can hear others speaking to them or important warnings such as alarms or car horns. With the release of version 2.1 the price of the application has been reduced to $1 with a number of additional features available separately as $1 in-app purchases. Optional features include AutoPause which automatically pauses audio playback when outside noise exceeds a certain threshold, AutoSet which automatically adjusts thresholds based on normal background noise, ClearVoice to improve speech quality and a dB Noise Meter to provide a visual measurement of ambient noise. Version 2.1 also adds the ability to duck music volume levels and vibrate the iPhone when the external mic is triggered. Awareness requires an iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, third- or fourth-generation iPod touch or iPad running iOS 4.1 or later. Version 2.1 is available from the App Store for $1 and is a free update for existing users. Current users will also receive all in-app purchases free upon upgrade provided a copy of the previous version of Awareness is already installed on their device.
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?