Bang & Olufsen AirPlay speaker leaked by FCC
A new AirPlay-capable wireless speaker from Bang & Olufsen has appeared on the FCC’s website. Dubbed the Beolit 12, the system resembles a picnic basket, with a wrap-around perforated grille that recalls a wicker pattern; features include a USB port, a 3.5mm input, an Ethernet port, and what appears to be a leather carrying strap. As the system has yet to be officially announced by B&O, it is currently unclear what the price might be, or when it might become available. [via Gizmodo | Wireless Goodness]
Update, January 2012: B&O has announced that it is launching a new brand called B&O Play that will offer portable audio and video products at a “more accessible price point.” The first product to launch under the new brand is the Beolit 12. In addition to the details mentioned above, the system will offer a built-in power supply with rechargeable battery—good for eight hours of playback—and a tuck-away power cord, a hand-assembled aluminum casing, two two-inch tweeters and a four-inch woofer which are driven by a 120 watt Class D amplifier system, and the ability to recharge a connected iOS device via the USB port. It will be available starting this month for $799/€699 in dark grey and will be available this spring in other colors including yellow, blue, and light grey.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards