Bang & Olufsen AirPlay speaker leaked by FCC
A new AirPlay-capable wireless speaker from Bang & Olufsen has appeared on the FCC’s website. Dubbed the Beolit 12, the system resembles a picnic basket, with a wrap-around perforated grille that recalls a wicker pattern; features include a USB port, a 3.5mm input, an Ethernet port, and what appears to be a leather carrying strap. As the system has yet to be officially announced by B&O, it is currently unclear what the price might be, or when it might become available. [via Gizmodo | Wireless Goodness]
Update, January 2012: B&O has announced that it is launching a new brand called B&O Play that will offer portable audio and video products at a “more accessible price point.” The first product to launch under the new brand is the Beolit 12. In addition to the details mentioned above, the system will offer a built-in power supply with rechargeable battery—good for eight hours of playback—and a tuck-away power cord, a hand-assembled aluminum casing, two two-inch tweeters and a four-inch woofer which are driven by a 120 watt Class D amplifier system, and the ability to recharge a connected iOS device via the USB port. It will be available starting this month for $799/€699 in dark grey and will be available this spring in other colors including yellow, blue, and light grey.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?