Bang & Olufsen AirPlay speaker leaked by FCC
A new AirPlay-capable wireless speaker from Bang & Olufsen has appeared on the FCC’s website. Dubbed the Beolit 12, the system resembles a picnic basket, with a wrap-around perforated grille that recalls a wicker pattern; features include a USB port, a 3.5mm input, an Ethernet port, and what appears to be a leather carrying strap. As the system has yet to be officially announced by B&O, it is currently unclear what the price might be, or when it might become available. [via Gizmodo | Wireless Goodness]
Update, January 2012: B&O has announced that it is launching a new brand called B&O Play that will offer portable audio and video products at a “more accessible price point.” The first product to launch under the new brand is the Beolit 12. In addition to the details mentioned above, the system will offer a built-in power supply with rechargeable battery—good for eight hours of playback—and a tuck-away power cord, a hand-assembled aluminum casing, two two-inch tweeters and a four-inch woofer which are driven by a 120 watt Class D amplifier system, and the ability to recharge a connected iOS device via the USB port. It will be available starting this month for $799/€699 in dark grey and will be available this spring in other colors including yellow, blue, and light grey.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?