Bang & Olufsen AirPlay speaker leaked by FCC
A new AirPlay-capable wireless speaker from Bang & Olufsen has appeared on the FCC’s website. Dubbed the Beolit 12, the system resembles a picnic basket, with a wrap-around perforated grille that recalls a wicker pattern; features include a USB port, a 3.5mm input, an Ethernet port, and what appears to be a leather carrying strap. As the system has yet to be officially announced by B&O, it is currently unclear what the price might be, or when it might become available. [via Gizmodo | Wireless Goodness]
Update, January 2012: B&O has announced that it is launching a new brand called B&O Play that will offer portable audio and video products at a “more accessible price point.” The first product to launch under the new brand is the Beolit 12. In addition to the details mentioned above, the system will offer a built-in power supply with rechargeable battery—good for eight hours of playback—and a tuck-away power cord, a hand-assembled aluminum casing, two two-inch tweeters and a four-inch woofer which are driven by a 120 watt Class D amplifier system, and the ability to recharge a connected iOS device via the USB port. It will be available starting this month for $799/€699 in dark grey and will be available this spring in other colors including yellow, blue, and light grey.
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- Olloclip releases new Active Lens for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?