Bang & Olufsen outs BeoSound 8 for iPod, iPhone, iPad | iLounge News

Bang & Olufsen outs BeoSound 8 for iPod, iPhone, iPad

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, November 10, 2010
News Categories: iPod Accessories, iPad Accessories, iPhone Accessories

Bang & Olufsen has outed its new BeoSound 8 speaker system for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. Sporting a modern design of two large circular speakers with conical backs connected by a central rectangular bar, the BeoSound 8 features an adjustable docking brace to support players ranging from the iPod nano to the iPad, the ability to be wall mounted, a manual room adaptation switch to adjust the sound according to whether the system is placed in a corner, against a wall, or standing freely, Adaptive Bass Linearisation for extra low end response, and an included remote control. Bang & Olufsen’s BeoSound 8 speaker system for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad will be available in stores later this month and will sell for £895, or roughly $1,435.

« Apple now selling iBooks Gift Cards

Apple teams with Dentsu Group on iAds in Japan »

Comments

Gimme a break !!! Who, WHO would pay that crazy price? BOSE, awesome, $100…..........

Posted by bob dog on November 10, 2010 at 3:37 PM (PDT)

Bose is so 80’s.
They just don’t have the market they used to - but nobody told them yet…
I’d pay that kind of green for a tube pre-amp, but an iPod speaker?  Hellz no.

Posted by sb on November 10, 2010 at 7:12 PM (PDT)

bose? lol Bang & Olufsen is not in the same league as Bose, That is like comparing a honda to a Ferrari.  Get a real job so that you can afford quality and not sound like a #####.

Posted by moneymaker on November 10, 2010 at 8:49 PM (PDT)

@ #3,

Quality?  Son, you don’t know quality if you think B&O is good.
You wannabe metro-type dudes think this snazzy-looking, overpriced gear is good?  Please.  Spend some time researching real audio gear, then compare in a setting conducive to sound and you’d (hopefully) be shocked.
If you want pretty (matter of taste) and expensive gear that’s of lesser quality, go for it.
As for “affording quality”, I don’t believe you could pony up for the gear in my home.

Posted by sb on November 11, 2010 at 11:28 AM (PDT)

first of all your no one is your son, anyone that calls someone son needs to be educated.  You have no idea who you are speaking too and I guarantee that my home audio system is worth more than your house.  So, go chat it up with the hacks that will put up with low level comments.  This is about personal taste and you attack someone personally, lol, get a life and look in the mirror.
Cheers!

Posted by moneymaker on November 11, 2010 at 3:15 PM (PDT)

moneymaker and sb, are you two done with the pissing contest?  no one really cares what you guys have at home.  and moneymaker, before you tell someone that they need to be educated do a grammar check on your own post.

Posted by hydra-calm on November 12, 2010 at 10:30 AM (PDT)

People crack me up… This product will be the best dock because of the signal converter. Bang & Olufsen has superior technology, everyone should go check it out before making comments. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Go check it out, all 6 of the comments are laughable, mostly the last one that has nothing to do with the product.  If you can’t afford it that’s fine just don’t bash it because it’s out of reach for you.

Posted by Rambo on November 12, 2010 at 7:18 PM (PDT)

Do some research on B&O before you run your mouth sb….. Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

Posted by Jtodd7842 on November 14, 2010 at 7:35 PM (PDT)

I’ve been waiting for the BeoSound 8 to come available and will own one. I find Bang & Olufsen equipment to be consistent in high audio quality, reliability and it holds it’s value. The landfills are full of the lesser brands! I’ve scrapped several Japanese audiophile systems but never B&O because I can always get Bang & Olufsen systems repaired.

Posted by Pattech2000 on December 17, 2010 at 3:45 PM (PDT)

I HAVE heard this $1000.00 Dock at my local B&O store, and I gotta say, I was very impressed playing FLAC tracks on my iPhone 4. But I also have to say that apart from better stereo separation, my Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Air sounds a bit better mainly due to the sub driver that the B&O does not have, and the wireless “Air” function that the B&O does not offer, which is actually surprising. But it does sound VERY good. And to that guy with the nasty post, both blow BOSE out of the water. The Bose Sound Dock 10 has 2 - 3” twiddlers, and one sub driver for $600.00. What’s a twiddler anyway?? So, with $400.00 saved over the B&O, and Air Play, it’s Bowers and Wilkins for me! Sounds fantastic!! But if you by the B&O you will be pleased, it does sound good.

Posted by David on May 30, 2011 at 1:36 PM (PDT)