Belkin debuts new iPod, iPhone add-ons
Belkin has introduced several new accessories for the iPod and iPhone, including the RockStar headphone hub, and the new TuneBase FM and TuneCast Auto. The RockStar is a unique hub that connects a combination of MP3 players and headphones for sharing music with others. It features five ports for attaching headphones or MP3 players, one hard-wired connection for an MP3 player, an Included cable to attach another MP3 player, and users can control mixes and fade-ins and -outs via the normal controls of each MP3 player. The RockStar will be available in March and will sell for $20.
The TuneBase FM is a combination car mount, charger, and FM transmitter for the iPod and iPhone. It features ClearScan technology, a line-out port, a Pro setting that optimizes audio and boosts volume, and a flexible neck. It will be available in April will sell for $100. The TuneCast Auto is a combination car charger and FM transmitter, and features ClearScan technology, a line-out port, and the Pro setting mentioned above. It will be available in February and will sell for $80.
Belkin also announced several cases, including the Travel Case for iPod nano, which features a bifold design, screen and Click Wheel protection, built-in cable management, and a pocket for cash and cards. It will sell for $30. The Slim Fit with Carabiner for iPod nano is a pocketable neoprene case that features a reflective lining material, screen and Click Wheel protection, and an included carabiner clip, and is hand washable. It will sell for $20. The Sport Armband for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch offers an adjustable dual-fit fastening system on the armband that accommodates differently-sized arms, and features a pocket for key storage, a clear screen protector, reflective material for nighttime use, and is hand washable. It will sell for $20.
The Formed Leather case with Removable Belt Clip for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features formed leather construction, screen protection, and a removable stainless steel belt clip. The iPod nano model will sell for $25, the rest will sell for $30 each. The Remix Flip for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch combines a rubber molding back with an acrylic faceplate and True-sense Click Wheel protection. It will sell for $30. The Micro Grip Case for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features durable molded rubber construction, reflective lining material, and screen and Click Wheel protection, and is hand-washable. It will sell for $25.
Finally, the Sport Armband Plus with FastFit System for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features FastFit, an adjustable, one-handed clamp-fastening system, a holster that detaches from the armband and can be clipped to clothing, a bag, or other surfaces, a clear screen protector, reflective highlights for nighttime safety, and a cable capsule for earbud management. It is made from a water-wicking, breathable material, and will sell for $30 when it becomes available in May. All the other new Belkin cases will be available in March. In addition to the new product introductions, Belkin also announced that its TuneStudio four-channel iPod mixer is now available for purchase.
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Logitech acquires Jaybird
- Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)