Belkin debuts new iPod, iPhone add-ons
Belkin has introduced several new accessories for the iPod and iPhone, including the RockStar headphone hub, and the new TuneBase FM and TuneCast Auto. The RockStar is a unique hub that connects a combination of MP3 players and headphones for sharing music with others. It features five ports for attaching headphones or MP3 players, one hard-wired connection for an MP3 player, an Included cable to attach another MP3 player, and users can control mixes and fade-ins and -outs via the normal controls of each MP3 player. The RockStar will be available in March and will sell for $20.
The TuneBase FM is a combination car mount, charger, and FM transmitter for the iPod and iPhone. It features ClearScan technology, a line-out port, a Pro setting that optimizes audio and boosts volume, and a flexible neck. It will be available in April will sell for $100. The TuneCast Auto is a combination car charger and FM transmitter, and features ClearScan technology, a line-out port, and the Pro setting mentioned above. It will be available in February and will sell for $80.
Belkin also announced several cases, including the Travel Case for iPod nano, which features a bifold design, screen and Click Wheel protection, built-in cable management, and a pocket for cash and cards. It will sell for $30. The Slim Fit with Carabiner for iPod nano is a pocketable neoprene case that features a reflective lining material, screen and Click Wheel protection, and an included carabiner clip, and is hand washable. It will sell for $20. The Sport Armband for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch offers an adjustable dual-fit fastening system on the armband that accommodates differently-sized arms, and features a pocket for key storage, a clear screen protector, reflective material for nighttime use, and is hand washable. It will sell for $20.
The Formed Leather case with Removable Belt Clip for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features formed leather construction, screen protection, and a removable stainless steel belt clip. The iPod nano model will sell for $25, the rest will sell for $30 each. The Remix Flip for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch combines a rubber molding back with an acrylic faceplate and True-sense Click Wheel protection. It will sell for $30. The Micro Grip Case for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features durable molded rubber construction, reflective lining material, and screen and Click Wheel protection, and is hand-washable. It will sell for $25.
Finally, the Sport Armband Plus with FastFit System for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features FastFit, an adjustable, one-handed clamp-fastening system, a holster that detaches from the armband and can be clipped to clothing, a bag, or other surfaces, a clear screen protector, reflective highlights for nighttime safety, and a cable capsule for earbud management. It is made from a water-wicking, breathable material, and will sell for $30 when it becomes available in May. All the other new Belkin cases will be available in March. In addition to the new product introductions, Belkin also announced that its TuneStudio four-channel iPod mixer is now available for purchase.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0