Belkin debuts new iPod, iPhone add-ons
Published: Monday, January 7, 2008
News Categories: iPod Accessories
Belkin has introduced several new accessories for the iPod and iPhone, including the RockStar headphone hub, and the new TuneBase FM and TuneCast Auto. The RockStar is a unique hub that connects a combination of MP3 players and headphones for sharing music with others. It features five ports for attaching headphones or MP3 players, one hard-wired connection for an MP3 player, an Included cable to attach another MP3 player, and users can control mixes and fade-ins and -outs via the normal controls of each MP3 player. The RockStar will be available in March and will sell for $20.
The TuneBase FM is a combination car mount, charger, and FM transmitter for the iPod and iPhone. It features ClearScan technology, a line-out port, a Pro setting that optimizes audio and boosts volume, and a flexible neck. It will be available in April will sell for $100. The TuneCast Auto is a combination car charger and FM transmitter, and features ClearScan technology, a line-out port, and the Pro setting mentioned above. It will be available in February and will sell for $80.
Belkin also announced several cases, including the Travel Case for iPod nano, which features a bifold design, screen and Click Wheel protection, built-in cable management, and a pocket for cash and cards. It will sell for $30. The Slim Fit with Carabiner for iPod nano is a pocketable neoprene case that features a reflective lining material, screen and Click Wheel protection, and an included carabiner clip, and is hand washable. It will sell for $20. The Sport Armband for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch offers an adjustable dual-fit fastening system on the armband that accommodates differently-sized arms, and features a pocket for key storage, a clear screen protector, reflective material for nighttime use, and is hand washable. It will sell for $20.
The Formed Leather case with Removable Belt Clip for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features formed leather construction, screen protection, and a removable stainless steel belt clip. The iPod nano model will sell for $25, the rest will sell for $30 each. The Remix Flip for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch combines a rubber molding back with an acrylic faceplate and True-sense Click Wheel protection. It will sell for $30. The Micro Grip Case for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features durable molded rubber construction, reflective lining material, and screen and Click Wheel protection, and is hand-washable. It will sell for $25.
Finally, the Sport Armband Plus with FastFit System for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features FastFit, an adjustable, one-handed clamp-fastening system, a holster that detaches from the armband and can be clipped to clothing, a bag, or other surfaces, a clear screen protector, reflective highlights for nighttime safety, and a cable capsule for earbud management. It is made from a water-wicking, breathable material, and will sell for $30 when it becomes available in May. All the other new Belkin cases will be available in March. In addition to the new product introductions, Belkin also announced that its TuneStudio four-channel iPod mixer is now available for purchase.
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Windows Phone 8.1 supports Passbook passes
- Alpine to release aftermarket CarPlay system
- iLounge Game Spotlight: R.B.I. Baseball 14
- Report: Apple bans UK music service from iAd
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- Philips AJ7260D/37 Dual Dock Triple Charging Clock Radio
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac