Belkin debuts new iPod, iPhone add-ons
Published: Monday, January 7, 2008
News Categories: iPod Accessories
Belkin has introduced several new accessories for the iPod and iPhone, including the RockStar headphone hub, and the new TuneBase FM and TuneCast Auto. The RockStar is a unique hub that connects a combination of MP3 players and headphones for sharing music with others. It features five ports for attaching headphones or MP3 players, one hard-wired connection for an MP3 player, an Included cable to attach another MP3 player, and users can control mixes and fade-ins and -outs via the normal controls of each MP3 player. The RockStar will be available in March and will sell for $20.
The TuneBase FM is a combination car mount, charger, and FM transmitter for the iPod and iPhone. It features ClearScan technology, a line-out port, a Pro setting that optimizes audio and boosts volume, and a flexible neck. It will be available in April will sell for $100. The TuneCast Auto is a combination car charger and FM transmitter, and features ClearScan technology, a line-out port, and the Pro setting mentioned above. It will be available in February and will sell for $80.
Belkin also announced several cases, including the Travel Case for iPod nano, which features a bifold design, screen and Click Wheel protection, built-in cable management, and a pocket for cash and cards. It will sell for $30. The Slim Fit with Carabiner for iPod nano is a pocketable neoprene case that features a reflective lining material, screen and Click Wheel protection, and an included carabiner clip, and is hand washable. It will sell for $20. The Sport Armband for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch offers an adjustable dual-fit fastening system on the armband that accommodates differently-sized arms, and features a pocket for key storage, a clear screen protector, reflective material for nighttime use, and is hand washable. It will sell for $20.
The Formed Leather case with Removable Belt Clip for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features formed leather construction, screen protection, and a removable stainless steel belt clip. The iPod nano model will sell for $25, the rest will sell for $30 each. The Remix Flip for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch combines a rubber molding back with an acrylic faceplate and True-sense Click Wheel protection. It will sell for $30. The Micro Grip Case for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features durable molded rubber construction, reflective lining material, and screen and Click Wheel protection, and is hand-washable. It will sell for $25.
Finally, the Sport Armband Plus with FastFit System for iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPhone features FastFit, an adjustable, one-handed clamp-fastening system, a holster that detaches from the armband and can be clipped to clothing, a bag, or other surfaces, a clear screen protector, reflective highlights for nighttime safety, and a cable capsule for earbud management. It is made from a water-wicking, breathable material, and will sell for $30 when it becomes available in May. All the other new Belkin cases will be available in March. In addition to the new product introductions, Belkin also announced that its TuneStudio four-channel iPod mixer is now available for purchase.
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- Kicker intros Amphitheater K3 Speaker, Vapor headphones
- Apple and Danish company collaborate on hearing aid
- Acoustic Research debuts AR for Her speakers
- Logitech intros PowerShell Controller + Battery
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts