Belkin intros TuneFM for iPod | iLounge News

Belkin intros TuneFM for iPod

image

imageBelkin will soon introduce the TuneFM, a new FM transmitter that lets you listen to the music on your iPod through any FM stereo receiver.

The TuneFM plugs into the headphone and remote jacks on the top of third- or fourth-generation iPods, and features a large LED display that shows the current FM frequency. It has channel up/down buttons and two programmable preset buttons for favorite frequencies.

“Proximity switches give you total control at the touch of your fingertips, and the LED display indicates FM frequency and memory preset, eliminating the need to use the iPod interface for frequency selection,” explains Belkin. “Because the TuneFM is powered by the iPod, no batteries are required.”

« Loungers get 10% off UE Super.fi earphones

Mix: Apple shares, Dave Matthews Band, Wells Fargo »

Comments

This actually looks pretty cool . . . but I’m still gonna wait for the new iTrip to come out. -Not that my current iTrip doesn’t work haha but these seem really neat.

Posted by Andrew on August 15, 2005 at 7:46 PM (CDT)

i think they could have made it look a little better, i like the idea of the controls on the top, but they should have done an LCD display

Posted by hoping4vPod on August 15, 2005 at 8:19 PM (CDT)

This is butt ugly. It better work well.

Posted by NawdaKh on August 15, 2005 at 10:04 PM (CDT)

Is this the a new timer to be used in the olympics?

Posted by joe on August 15, 2005 at 10:34 PM (CDT)

i wonder if it has nifty features like the ones coming soon from griffin and kensington that’ll keep the audio nicer

Posted by chris on August 16, 2005 at 1:46 AM (CDT)

I personally love the styling on it. Simple, bold, and stylish. The big LEDs rock to me… it’s a different look.

Posted by Moosey on August 16, 2005 at 2:05 AM (CDT)

Moosey! - Thank you, for now I don’t feel alone :) THANK GOD FOR YOU MOOSEY! heheh Thanks though

Posted by Andrew on August 16, 2005 at 2:12 AM (CDT)

I guess one of the features is that it is impossible to read the display?

Posted by Joshdude in Long Beach, CA on August 16, 2005 at 3:13 AM (CDT)

Is Bigger LEDs = more battery drain ?

Posted by jk on August 16, 2005 at 6:39 AM (CDT)

I second NawdaKh comments about this being “Butt Ugly”. It may come in handy if I need to know what frequency it’s on and I am on the other side of the room. Who changes frequencies so much that they need a large LED display ? I’ll stick with my iTrip.

Posted by David on August 16, 2005 at 12:19 PM (CDT)

Wow!  I hope no one sees that thing sticking out of a backpack!  Looks like a timing device for a bomb.

Posted by Obadiah on August 16, 2005 at 12:57 PM (CDT)

the whole idea of two memory stations would be awesome. i travel a lot and i’m kind of hesitant to use my itrip in the car because i dont want to be sufin through my ipod on the highway. also, i love to shuffle my songs, but with the i trip i had to make a love my itrip. but who knows.. i’d like to whole new smartplaylist that didnt include the itrip stations. don’t get me wrong - i wait for an actual review for both this and the new itrip2.

Posted by iamreprogramed on August 16, 2005 at 2:42 PM (CDT)

the whole idea of two memory stations would be awesome. i travel a lot and i’m kind of hesitant to use my itrip on long trips because i dont want to be sufin through my ipod on the highway. also, i love to shuffle my songs, but with the itrip i had to make a whole new smartplaylist that didnt include the itrip stations. don’t get me wrong - i love my itrip. but who knows.. i’d like to wait for an actual review for both this and the new itrip2.

sorry about that. i accidently hit submit instead of preview, and found some stuff wrong. please delete my other post if you can. :-\

Posted by iamreprogramed on August 16, 2005 at 2:50 PM (CDT)

I personally would take LCDs over LEDs anyday. Its Freakin UGLY.

Posted by Nathan on August 16, 2005 at 9:57 PM (CDT)

That thing is ugly.  It shows you where Belkin’s head is at versus Griffin.  Griffin designs things to match and complement the iPod.  Belkin couldn’t give a crap.

—*Rob

Posted by RobAustin on August 16, 2005 at 10:14 PM (CDT)

Is it a FM transmitter or FM radio module?

Posted by alicia on August 17, 2005 at 1:55 AM (CDT)

I getting the new bluetooth transmitter from Scosche.  CD quality - sweet.

Posted by tkf60 on August 17, 2005 at 11:15 AM (CDT)

It’s obvious that this device does not photograph well with its clear plastic outer casing and white back coloring. The readout is probably much better in real-life. Design-wise it harks back to a more industrial era that I like it. The top buttons look to have a definite feel about them, easy to find and use. I’ll look at it and if I like it, purchase it.

Belkin started business with so-so products, but like any company that keeps at it, they have grown into a reputable company with above average products.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on August 17, 2005 at 1:05 PM (CDT)

Geesh!  That’s some kind of ugly…

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on August 17, 2005 at 3:07 PM (CDT)

Fugly is the best term for this

Posted by cellphonejunkie on August 17, 2005 at 8:17 PM (CDT)