Belkin releases Digital FM Transmitter | iLounge News

Belkin releases Digital FM Transmitter

pic Belkin has released a new all digital FM tranimitter at Apple Store online. The Digital transmitter features a coiled cord, LCD display, FM channels 88.1Mhz to 107.9Mhz, up to 8 hours of battery life on 1 AAA battery (included) and a 3-year Belkin warranty. The Digital FM Transmitter is priced at $39.99 and Apple esitmates shipping at 2-3 weeks. The transmitter is not yet listed on Belkin’s website. The Belkin Digital FM transmitter seems to be a rebadged FM transmitter also known as Audia X and Gruv X.

« Griffin releases new iTrip Frequencies

Forums: Reader received 3G iTrip »

Comments

With the iPod car charger, the iPod remote, my cell phone, and now this thing, where do I set my fries from McDonalds? When is the new Autopod coming out? I hope that thing works… I’m running out of room in my car (and I have an SUV).

Posted by Derek in Chicago, IL on October 3, 2003 at 9:24 AM (PDT)

$39.95?  Wow, that costs a lot more than the Gruv-X did.  I seem to remember that was $20 online.

Posted by Michael on October 3, 2003 at 11:07 AM (PDT)

what to get, the new iTrip or the new Belkin Digital FM Transmitter ???
I dont have any experience with this kind of stuff, so please help me

Posted by a2k on October 3, 2003 at 12:29 PM (PDT)

This sure isn’t compact! The iTrip looks best. I have the iRock one and it just sucks! Can never get a good sound on it.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on October 3, 2003 at 12:41 PM (PDT)

If the Belkin is like the AudiaX, the it is really small: 1.6” high, 2” wide, and .75” thick!

Posted by Bademeister on October 3, 2003 at 12:43 PM (PDT)

What does “Digital” mean in this case? Aside from the ability to tune to different frequencies, is it any different from the existing Belkin transmitter? (which, by the way, I’m really not happy with)

Posted by kloh on October 3, 2003 at 3:29 PM (PDT)

If it’s like the AudiaX, then it’s not a digital tuner. I think they’re referring to the digital readout, not the tuner.

Posted by Bademeister on October 3, 2003 at 3:37 PM (PDT)

What is the size of this device??

I like it because unlike the Itrip it can be used on other MP3 players or anything with an audio output jack on it.
The Itrip works only on the Ipod…..........that stinks IMHO.

Posted by Brian Fenner on October 4, 2003 at 3:48 AM (PDT)

I LOVE the iTip. i have used it up and down the east coast with no trouble. Mostly used in RI/MA/CT area and also in DC and surrounding area. Never had a problem finding a station to use. I even found a good one or two in downtown NYC. Doesn’t need batteries (doesn’t use a lot of ipod’s battery power either), really compact, easy to use interface, and just really practical. I’ve never had a problem at all. It works.

Posted by Andrew Borstein on October 4, 2003 at 10:24 AM (PDT)

So, has anyone actually tried this thing?  Is it any good?  I’m seriously planning to cancel my new iTrip order this week, and seek an alternative that is actually shipping.  Griffin has no respect for their customers, to even just tell us (via email) that there’s a delay and why.  I have to find out through rumors and sites like this.

Posted by DiverMan on October 4, 2003 at 11:35 AM (PDT)

So is this thing a rebranded Audia X? On the forums people say that they’re the best fm transmiters. Too bad apple canada doesn’t sell it. Along with a bunch of other stuff exclusive to the US store.

Posted by Nick on October 4, 2003 at 2:55 PM (PDT)

DiverMan—Griffin has sent me three e-mails over the last two months with shipping information and apologies for delays;  they’ve been extraordinarily communicative and honest about their problems in getting their gadgets to me.  Sorry you find them disrespectful.

Posted by BuzzPod on October 7, 2003 at 9:41 AM (PDT)